• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Invert crew for a 60l planted tank?

PeterLL55

Seedling
What would be the best snails shrimp etc. for a 60l tank with plants and some driftwood? Mostly just to eat algae and some of the detritus off the floor and also mix the sand a bit. Any recommendations? Waters quite soft so maybe thats a no to shrimp?
Thanks

Red Cherry shrimp seem to be the most hardy and will be fine with soft water. They are good at breaking down leftover food and some algae and will readily breed quite rapidly. Amano Shrimp are better at tackling algae I hear and also should be fine. I don't know a lot about snails but this site seems to have a lot to pick from as well as shrimp.

Cheers mate Ill have a look at them. Thoughts on Red Ramshorns? they seem to eat BBA whihc Ive got a wee bit in the tank.

Snails aren't my thing but I was taking a look the ones on the site linked. Been having a bit of algae problems myself lately so was looking at maybe getting some.
From what I hear Amano and those Horned Nerite snails will tackle most types of Algae. Was fancying the mixed Horned Nerite snails myself. Problem being most will scavenge leftover food before making a start on Algae and there's always plenty of left over food in my tank which is also well stocked with fish.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Amano shrimp, Otos and a sae.

Back