• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best filter options for 172l tank?

Brian Murphy

I've been looking around for the best and cheapest option of filter for the new tank I'm getting made which will be 96x40x40/45 (haven't decided height yet) so thats approx 172l minus displacement from substrate etc. Obviously I would love to achieve the 10x flow rate but I am on a budget as I've a wedding to save for ! I would like to use lily pipes so it has to be around 16/22mm hosing.

Here are a few ideas ........

JBL CristalProfi e1501 greenline £146
Allpondsolutions 2000l/h £69 or with UV £79

Obviously then there are the Eheim range but more expensive, any advice or experience with this?

hi Murf, the jbl is a great choice as it consumes much less energy which will pay off in the long run.
also the Aps I think Has 18 mm internal diameter piping which will make using a lily pipe a little awkward.

there's also the option of going for an eheim 2075 from zoo plus .net site which is 179 euro which works out roughly the same price as the jbl in GBP if I'm correct. although its only giving out 1200 litres an hour, from views off forums with media it pushes out just above 900 an hour which is the same as the jbl. it also only consumes 16 watts of energy.

I used a 2075 on my 180l and its an excellent piece of equipment,
If not eheim i would consider JBL
FYI -UV not required really

The flow drops considerably on the aps filter as well. There's a thread on the net somewhere with people testing the actual flow rates of these and the 2000 was dropping to 1000/900 lph. The build quality is better on the jbl as well. I'd go jbl every time, that's if you don't want an eheim.

Thanks, I have 2 allponds in my bigger 450l tank, a 2000 and a 1400 and yes the flow does drop.

So its the jbl which operates 1400l/h, 12 litres filter volume and 20 watt power - £146.20 OR

Eheim 2075 pro 3 which operates 1250l/h, 6.5 litres filter volume and 16 watt power - £179.00

Looking at price and the turnover and only 4 watt extra its favouring on the jbl so far, but Eheim are the best makes out there are they not? Confused.com :(

hi Murf, the jbl is a great choice as it consumes much less energy which will pay off in the long run.
also the Aps I think Has 18 mm internal diameter piping which will make using a lily pipe a little awkward.

there's also the option of going for an eheim 2075 from zoo plus .net site which is 179 euro which works out roughly the same price as the jbl in GBP if I'm correct. although its only giving out 1200 litres an hour, from views off forums with media it pushes out just above 900 an hour which is the same as the jbl. it also only consumes 16 watts of energy.

I asked aquaessentials would 18mm internal diameter work ok with 17mm lily pipes and they said yes it would.
It shows that its £179 on zooplus not euro

go to zooplus.de. free shipping and 20% discount on your first order. As long as you can get around the german youll be fine. Bought my eheim 2078 3e from there at a greatly reduced discount than zooplus.co.uk crazy how it works but it does :)

I asked aquaessentials would 18mm internal diameter work ok with 17mm lily pipes and they said yes it would.
It shows that its £179 on zooplus not euro

just checked it and definitely shows 179 euros either by going on . net or as stu mentioned .de too. plus the first order discount and it will be really cheap.

Back