• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best custom aquarium manufacturer?

Jason King

Hi All

I'm after a new custom built Aquarium and wanted a Opti-white with a good silicone Job similar to ADA & tmc signatures.

At the moment I am researching but hope to order asap.

Are aml Aquarium manufacturing polished Opti-white Aquariums good? On the website the image seems to look good but with the resolution of the images its hard to tell.

does anyone have any images they could post here of a aml Opti-white silicone Job?

Thanks

I was really impressed with ND aquatics last custom tank I got made, price and quality. I wasn't an optiwhite but the silicone was perfect. The clearseal edgeline was a touch underwhelming.

I could be wrong but i think some people were having issues with AML and delivery. (apologies if i have the wrong company) Possibly do a search for the company name on the forum.

John

I also have an ND aqautics tank (and cabinet) and I am very happy with it. It is optiwhite with clear silicone. All very good quality and for a decent price, however you should know that the silicone although very neat is not just in the glass-glass edge like in ADA or TMC signature tanks, it is smoothed out by maybe 1/2 a cm onto each pane at a corner.

@JohnC

I believe you are correct based on the original AML before fish fanatics took over and when AML was AL, I obviously what to confirm this as Delivery and turn around is a big thing for someone that's as inpatient (excited) as me :D

Thanks

Here is a pic I just took of some silicone bubbles, which I'm beginning to think is more than I like (for looks and structural) although I don't think it is actually structurally weak. Don't let this put you off.
8ddb60ac4498d2e1ef7387d71df19adb.jpg

b80294da7f8682c33430fc481bec57c0.jpg

So certainly not flawless but if money is tight then ND Aquatics are a great option.

Back