• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best course of action?

nelly1066

Seedling
First off a massive thank you too all the regular posters on here,i have taken a lot of knowledge from this forum over the last 2 years, i would never of got this far with the only help being the fools at the local pet fart outlet.All that said just when i thought i had it all dialed in bga looms it head and is murdering my plants!
Tank Specs
72x22x18 125g
eheim 2028
eheim 2215(jbl topclear)
co2 via inline diffuser then aquagro 500 reactor(trying to lose 7up look)then 2028 outlet,good all over co2 distribution.
maxijet 600 and 900 powerheads
2"- 4" eco complete and black gravel mix (70/30 mix)sloping backwards
4 x55w t5 ho 6hrs a day
livestock
2 juvenile discus
8 rainbowfish
4 ottos
1 cae
1 yoo loach
9 neon tetras
few shrimp and snails
heavily planted
ei method used

Sunday - 50% water change. Add KNO3 70ml, KH2PO4 40ml
Monday - Add traces
Tuesday - Add KNO3 70ml, KH2PO4 40ml
Wednesday - Add traces
Thursday - Add KNO3 70ml, KH2PO4 40ml
Friday - Add traces
Saturday - Rest day

The bga has now spread from the substrate to the leaves of the foreground plants melting them like toxic waste,i have manually removed it several times now thinning out grass at same time(substrate disturbance?),and it comes back worse every time.the choice i think im facing is to do a blackout or ive got my ferts wrong,an expert eye would be appreciated.

nelly1066 said:
First off a massive thank you too all the regular posters on here,i have taken a lot of knowledge from this forum over the last 2 years, i would never of got this far with the only help being the fools at the local pet fart outlet.All that said just when i thought i had it all dialed in bga looms it head and is murdering my plants!
Tank Specs
72x22x18 125g
eheim 2028
eheim 2215(jbl topclear)
co2 via inline diffuser then aquagro 500 reactor(trying to lose 7up look)then 2028 outlet,good all over co2 distribution.
maxijet 600 and 900 powerheads
2"- 4" eco complete and black gravel mix (70/30 mix)sloping backwards
4 x55w t5 ho 6hrs a day
livestock
2 juvenile discus
8 rainbowfish
4 ottos
1 cae
1 yoo loach
9 neon tetras
few shrimp and snails
heavily planted
ei method used

Sunday - 50% water change. Add KNO3 70ml, KH2PO4 40ml
Monday - Add traces
Tuesday - Add KNO3 70ml, KH2PO4 40ml
Wednesday - Add traces
Thursday - Add KNO3 70ml, KH2PO4 40ml
Friday - Add traces
Saturday - Rest day

The bga has now spread from the substrate to the leaves of the foreground plants melting them like toxic waste,i have manually removed it several times now thinning out grass at same time(substrate disturbance?),and it comes back worse every time.the choice i think im facing is to do a blackout or
ive got my ferts wrong
,an expert eye would be appreciated.

no you can count that out! its always co2 flow & distribution :D

got a drop checker either end both look good,got big flow along front off tank from custom made clear spray bars on 2028 plus the 2 powerheads and then the 2215 opposite end returning the flow along back

funnily enough it is by window but wooden blind shut all time,have got some browny/red algae along glass below substrate but it always has been there and never ventured further so have left alone so as not to cause more issues.will do thorough clean and 50% wc again tonight and see how it goes

Back