• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Before the demise

Tomfish

Thought i'd share. This was it at its best, but there were issues. shortly after i began losing a rather depressing battle with hair algae. Now its been taken down, starting a new scape with the same materials + big drum roll .......aquasoil!

Anyway, here is my first attempt
9222412879_47841f9572_c_d.jpg

some more pics
9225192424_5c314104d0_c_d.jpg

9225194550_95388f422b_c_d.jpg

9225169078_a1874a8f12_c_d.jpg

All comments very welcome, cheers

Beautiful scape tomfish. Great layout. I personally think it could have done with out the crypts on the left.
What's the grass plant between the crypt on the left by the way. Tennelus????

Its a shame you had problems with algae but hopefully youll throw up another beauty im sure :)

Cheers for the encouraging comments. About that crypt, i coudn't agree more Alastair, my problem was that i was having difficulties with carpeting plants at the sides of the tank, healthy plants seemed more important than composition. Its funny even my mother who's hugely dismissive of fish tanks commented on the crypt. The silver lining was that it obscured the seriously ugly fx5 intake. That grassy plant is in fact blyxa, admittedly its not the clearest of pictures, cheers

I'm having treatment for it and I've been told its not that noticeable;)
Apologies to all those sickened by my avatar. Tbh i find the idea that the only image people here can associated with me is so utterly grotesque a little bit funny. Its the Baron Harkonnen from lynch's Dune. So its perhaps time for a new avatar, hmmm . Anyway thanks for the comments and likes

Hi Tom,
do you have any pictures of how you have set up the (hardscape and planting).
I will very interested to see it, because your tank will be an inspiration for my future scape.
even if I can have some spec of the setting CO2, lights, filtration, ferts etc..

thanks mate

How'd I miss this? It was stunning!

Let's see the new one ;)

Back