• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bedroom dennerle nanocube 30l

sa80mark

After much shopping around and wanting a nano tank I finally decided to treat myself to a dennerle nanocube 30l for my bedroom, in the end I ordered it from germany as it worked out quite a bit cheaper than I could find in the uk.

Heres a break down of what ive got so far

Dennerle nanocube 30l complete plus
An extra 2kg dennerle shrimp gravel
10kg mini scapers rock ( more than I need but a good selection)
Easicarbo

Filter wise ive got a eheim 2213 and am looking for some nano glassware

I am also considering going pressurised co2 but have not decided yet

For ferts I will be using an ei starter pack from one of the sponsors

The stand is something ive knocked together from offcuts left over from other jobs

Up to now ive got no idea what ill be doing scape wise ive seen a few scapes I like so I might copy one of those for plants ive got some in mind but again no final decision. Heres a list of what im thinking

Hemianthus callitrichodes 'cuba'
Eleocharis sp 'mini'
Vesicularia ferriei 'weeping'
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Alternanthera reineckii 'mini'
Ammania sp 'bonsai'
Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides
Echinodorus tenellus

Well I think thats it for now I hope the pictures work

Mark

bMAbwab.jpg

939xnjQ.jpg

xDwzTwD.jpg

I think i'll be watching this, i quiet like the idea of a nano tank! all the shrimp on this site has got me wanting!

where did you actually get the tank and the rock from in the end? :)

cheers,
Nutty

Hi nutty

Everything listed above came from
Aquarium & Aquaristik Shop - aquaristic.net

I already had some bonus points with them so I saved quite a bit I got the dennerle complete plus 30l an extra 2kg bag of dennerle shrimp sand, 500ml easycarbo, 10kg landscape rock including postage for £97

Mark

Just a quick update

Received some brilliant manzi twigs this morning heres a few pics before they go in to soak

Also a big massive thank you to tim for supplying the wood :)

RG8i3ri.jpg

b9BoW0Z.jpg

7byXTEm.jpg

RV649pD.jpg

Reactions: tim
Quick update

Just ordered my plants from aqua essentials, ive ordered

Hemianthus callitrichoides
Micromanthemum umbrosum
Pogostemon helferi
Lilaeopsis novea-zealandiae

I think ive ordered far to many pots but I guess if I plant heavy to start with it can only help avoid algae issues, heres hoping anyway

Plants have arrived this morning and I am very impressed with the amount and condition :)
Pictures to follow

Great start, the plants look very fresh against the rock.

Nicely planted mark, keeping that MU in check will be a challenge when it gets going. Well done!

looks great!
Great start, the plants look very fresh against the rock.

+1 really nice contrast!

i do like that with a nano you can get good coverage from the get go without costing an arm and leg in plants, i doubt i'd have the patients to sit and watch a large tank grown in fully ehe!

Thanks guys :)

Im really happy with how it came out fingers crossed it grows in well, decided against dosing easycarbo and have put pressurised on instead

Thanks guys :)

Im really happy with how it came out fingers crossed it grows in well, decided against dosing easycarbo and have put pressurised on instead
Awesome, crank it straight up!

Really like your rock work too, the striata and rock direction align nicely with enough interest to not look forced which gives it a natural look like the exposed rocks on a hillside.

:) thanks ady, means alot. One thing I discovered when trying to decide on the layout is that im not naturally gifted at aquascaping. I always thought it looked easy, just put some rocks in and your done but nooooo, I spent well over 20 hours moving rocks around, adding rock taking it away etc then this arrangement just worked for me, so to know other people like it and get what I was going for makes it all worth while,

And now the fun starts trimming and water changes perfect after a day at work :)

One week on and all is going very well ive got noticeable growth the hc is really taking off although the Micromanthemum umbrosum to the left is not looking as good as the one to the right im suspecting a little less flow to that corner being under the inlet is to blame, had a few leaves melt on the helferi but that seems to be recovering very quickly

Currently: still pumping in the co2 at an alarming rate but this is clearly helping growth, doseing 1 ml of neutro+ daily and 50% daily water changes, and lighting for 5 hours

Will try to get a picture on tomorrow after work :)

Reactions: tim
Nice one !!!:) The plants are looking very healthy. It's going to look real sweet once filled in. I also like your plant choices for the tank's size. Certainly makes it look bigger than it actually is. Must be very difficult during maintenance though,...the tendency to knock things around. I found it very difficult to keep my hands from clumsily knocking everything around

Back