• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bedroom ADA 120p

So I've had an ADA 120p taking up space in my shed for about 6 months now so decided it was finally time to make use of it.

A185CFEB-8B26-4D3D-8B48-97729C1E12A2_zpscpvbqbxu.jpg

6 months to unpack it so was a relief to find it wasn't damaged in transport.

Ordered some rock and wood. The rock admittedly was a bit bigger than I was expecting but I'll make it work, I plan to cover a lot of it with moss anyway.

This was just a quick test to see what it all looked like in the tank.

photo_zpsca44e0b8.jpg

I have yet to really look into hardscape layouts and the golden rules and all that stuff so will do that soon as I'm sure I've broken them all with that layout although it is growing on me so might have to go for something similar.

I think I'll probably go for a central island or two islands either side with sand at the front.

Just drew some squiggles to get an idea of what it might look like with some colour.

tank1_zpse1555a78.jpg

I plan to use quite a bit of moss and probably very little stems, as much as I love the look of them in my previous tanks they're always too much hassle to keep the bottoms nice.

I have another tank this size and told myself I wouldn't get such a big tank again but can't help myself, so to make maintenance easier I've bought this.

EB9AC817-5F22-4E76-82DC-C2985C82F2BB_zpsry91xlhl.jpg

It can pump water up 6 stories or more importantly draw water up 7 meters which is plenty to get the RO water up one floor. This will be mounted inside the cabinet, just turn it on when I need to fill up with RO. So no more carrying buckets upstairs! Tested it and its near enough silent, with the eheims running I wont even hear it.

Struggling on lighting right now, LED is a must, I was all set on the Arcadia Classica OTL LED until I found out you can't program the light levels, and they're suppose to be bright so doubt I'll want 100% brightness...

So yeah that's all I've got so far, feel free to give me suggestions as to layout, plants, equipment, anything!

Looks good Josh, I don't know how you managed to leave that tank for 6 months though.

With patience like that you can't help but be successful;)

Good luck and keep us up to speed (or date :)) as you progress.

Harry

excellent patience is needed in this hobby I think ;) looking forward to seeing this one so keep us updated

Well just picked up an eheim professional 3 600 at my LFS today for £130! Not what I went there for but at that price couldn't resist.

Not sure whether to just run that or run the professional 3 350 I have as well.

Have inline co2 on one and inline heater on the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use both... But I like to over filter...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back