• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Beast of a filter

lil-lynx

any one had or used a Eheim 2260 ? could they give me a review ? i was looking to buy something of similar size maybe this or the tetratec 2400 ? any help ?

mixed reviews about the 2400 im afraid. And most people have had problems with tetratecs! despite thier good customer service it is still a hassle.

im waiting for a part to come from germany (they used to send then from southhampton). And im betteing they sent me the wrong part despite explaining in several times what part i needed.!

Have you looked at the FX5?
An amazing filter and it really isnt noisy. had one in my bedroom about 5m from my head and it made no more noise than my TT 1200's.

Fx5 gets my vote. Superior in most ways to the ex2400.

i have a fx5 and a tetra tec 1200 on a 400 litre tank but am wanting to upgrade the tetratec to maybe the 2400 or the biggest eheim 2260 i think ?

Good buy! I also have 2 FX5 filters and running them on my big tank in the livingroom. Not noisy, just a faint hum that once the cabinet door is shut, then it's hard to hear.

But powerful and easy to use. I love them!
:)

Gfish said:
Good buy! I also have 2 FX5 filters and running them on my big tank in the livingroom. Not noisy, just a faint hum that once the cabinet door is shut, then it's hard to hear.

But powerful and easy to use. I love them!
:)

how easy would it be to change the hoses etc as I want nothing visible in tank !

Hi
I changes my hosing recently to a clear vinyl tubing. Bought it from my local MA. The only thing is the 90degree bend pieces, ive had to use ones that are solid and insert into the pipe so they obviously restrict flow a little. But you know what, on this filter you just don't notice, the things so powerful. It's worth working with this filter to get the benefits it offers in my opinion. I'm happy with the flow and filtration in my tank now, and for a long time I wasn't.
Cheers

I have the Eheim 2080 and I think it’s the best filter I have ever owned very quiet and easy to prime it’s not easy to lift out of the cabinet when full but no large filter is, It’s not cheap but then again my older Eheim must be ten years old and still going strong so I do consider it good value against its expected life time (bet it breaks now).
I have read mixed reviews about the 2260 but never owned one so can’t comment.
Col

Back