• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Beams works LED - Anyone used this unit?

justin85

Hey all,

I am in the process of buying the last few bits to start another planted tank up, its going to be a carpet of HC cuba only, I might decided to add something in the background now sure. So I have a Co2 system, ADA aqua soil and Dry ferts at the ready, what I dont have is a light unit. I want LED mainly for the running costs but I just love my LED lights.

I was considering TMC Aquagro 400 tiles, but wasn't sure if 2 would be enough then I come across this light unit: Beams Works Double Hi-Lumen - 120 / 0.2w 6,500k (2,320 lumen)

LED Aquarium Light 24" Double Hi Lumen Planted tank Light Fixture | eBay

which looks quite good for the price, gives a total of 24W. The tank is going on is 60x30x36cm (LxWxH) open top aquarium.

My question is: With the Co2, Ferts and good quality soil do you think this light unit will be good enough to get me a dense carpet of HC ? it will give me 1.8wpg in my tank (going from the empty volume of the tank, so would be a little more probably 2 wpg)

Any thoughts?

I have the single, ordinary, version of this on the 54l nook. I also did a review in the lighting section. It is well made and never given me any trouble. I think 2 tmc 400 tiles would be plenty for your tank but you would need a multi way controller as 2 tiles can't be run from the single controller so you might be better(cheaper). getting just one of the bigger tiles and one controller. I have one 400 tile over a 30cm cube and the colour and shimmer is stunning.

I have the single, ordinary, version of this on the 54l nook. I also did a review in the lighting section. It is well made and never given me any trouble. I think 2 tmc 400 tiles would be plenty for your tank but you would need a multi way controller as 2 tiles can't be run from the single controller so you might be better(cheaper). getting just one of the bigger tiles and one controller. I have one 400 tile over a 30cm cube and the colour and shimmer is stunning.

TMC LED are amazing, I have the marine whites on my cichlid tank but like you said I would need 2x 2 channel controllers to run them (if I wanted the sunrise/sunset feature) Its the price putting me off so might try out this Beamsworks unit, plus its on sale too. I will have a read of your review.

Thanks for the reply.

Back