• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA strikes again

tennis4you

I have pruned a lot and added a 400 gph power head. That only gets me to 8 turn overs per hour. I have also slightly increased the CO2. Still dosing normal as well.

BBA is back and grows a little daily. I was at reputable the fish store today and they told me that rosy barbs will eat bba.

I need to eliminate it, anyone had any luck with the rosy barbs before?

To my mind, if you have BBA, then you have CO2 problems. If the BBA was there before you made any changes it may be that you have cured the problem, but the BBA needs removing and shouldn`t come back.

If it has appeared after the increased turn over and CO2, you will need to up the CO2 a little more and look at water circulation around the tank.

Try supplementing the CO2 with Excel or Easycarbo. Spot treating the BBA with either of these two will definitely do the trick of killing the algae.

Dave.

Thanks.

Since I have upgrade my math skillz, I realized that I am only turning the tank over 7 times per hour. I need to raise that some more.

I hate dosing with excel, but it does do the trick. I had to do that last time. I should probably do that, get some rosy barbs just in case and up the circulation AGAIN...

The weird thing is that the 265 gph power head I have seems stronger than the new 400 gph power head. I guess the 265 power head only discharges water out of a small hole though where as the 400 discharges water around a much larger area.

I hate bba.

Back