• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back to Nature

Paulus

In this topic i shall post the progress of my new tank. from the start till the end (but i guess there will never be an end ;) )

So first,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The plan

kastje1.jpg

kastje2.jpg

kastje4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tank
The tank will be 100x50x50cm

CO2
085.jpg

(old photo)
filtering
Eheim 2217 with Lily pipes
116.jpg

Lighting
Real light HQI Lampe 1x150W+ 2x39W T5 + Moonlight 95cm

hqilamp03.jpg

hqilamp04.jpg

hqilamp05.jpg

hqilamp06.jpg

hqilamp07.jpg

hqilamp08.jpg

next step
Waiting for the tank and building the stand

:D to be continued...

Re: Galaxy paradise (宇宙天堂)

K new update is available :D

Time to show the progress of the DIY ADA stand. I will show part 1 first ;) later on i post more screens and finally the result :)

First: making the drawings/plan
second: Get some MDF from the store.

Back home time to drill some holes (if you don't drill the holes the MDF would split and became useless)

meubel_mdf_01.jpg

meubel_mdf_02.jpg

after some puzzling you get something that looks like a stand

meubel_mdf_03.jpg

meubel_mdf_04.jpg

meubel_mdf_07.jpg

and don't forget the doors. Still need to fix them to the stand. :)

meubel_mdf_05.jpg

meubel_mdf_06.jpg

k end of part 1. soon part 2 etc :D

enjoy

k small update again :)

after finished the outside of the stand it was time to drill some holes for the tubes and the wiring.

meubel_mdf_08.jpg

meubel_mdf_09.jpg

meubel_mdf_10.jpg

I will paint this stand in 2 colors. The outside will be grey the inside white. I want to keep the inside light cause it looks nicer and it is easy when you need to connect the filter, add a plug etc. The borders i have sealed with kit. Now it is easy to clean and no problems with water or dust that get stuck between the wood.

meubel_mdf_11.jpg

meubel_mdf_12.jpg

meubel_mdf_13.jpg

finally i added some Rubber studs under the stand.

meubel_mdf_14.jpg

For now this update. screens of the tank,stand and lighting next time ;)

and yes i still need to fix the doors :p

That all looks very tech, I like the CO2 rig, beats my "bird's nest" of cables and solonoids....

looks good like the tanks in the background keep it up.

Stu.

TBRO said:
That all looks very tech, I like the CO2 rig, beats my "bird's nest" of cables and solonoids....

this is an old photo. on the photo is 500gr co2. now i have a bigger version inside the cabinet ;) 10kg :twisted: :p

saintly said:
great cabinet paulus :thumbup:

thx :)

small update again but it is looking very nice :D

You all know this problem. when you have an aquarium you have lights, pumps, heaters etc. and they all have plugs. Maybe a few needs time clocks to control for example the lights. Over here whe have these kind of sockets:

stekkerdoos6%5B1%5D.jpg

very nice but not with the combination of time clocks :p you put one in it and you loose 3 sockets :rolleyes:

so time to make my own sockets :twisted:

Here some pictures and a sneak preview of the stand ;)

stopcontacten_01.jpg

stopcontacten_02.jpg

stopcontacten_03.jpg

stopcontacten_04.jpg

Deja vu moment. Have you posted this journal before somewhere or is it all new? I can swear I know what coming, but can't pinpoint exactly what it is :lol: :crazy:

Great cabinet bud, looks really well made and organised :thumbup:

[edit to add] Nelson to the rescue! I knew I'd seen it before! Thanks bud :thumbup:

JamesM said:
Deja vu moment. Have you posted this journal before somewhere or is it all new? I can swear I know what coming, but can't pinpoint exactly what it is :lol: :crazy:

Great cabinet bud, looks really well made and organised :thumbup:

[edit to add] Nelson to the rescue! I knew I'd seen it before! Thanks bud :thumbup:

:p

update time (and maybe a dejavu for some people :p)

Part 3:
The stand has some grey paint on it and is set in place. The only thing that needs to be done are the doors.
When this was all done i measured the position for the lamp. after that, time to drill holes and hang the lamp :)

The result so far:
showbak_01.jpg

showbak_02.jpg

showbak_03.jpg

Some better shots of the lamp:
showbak_04.jpg

showbak_05.jpg

And the Lily Pipes:

showbak_06.jpg

Next step: aquascaping :D

looks awesome, all been put together very nicely, looking forward to the scape.. Do you have any pics of the little cube by the side of it? it looks great!

Hi paulus,i enjoyed reading that from start to present thank you for sharing it,i must say you have done a grand job and your diy skills shine through (unlike mine),i cant wait to see what you come up with,do have a plant list in mind yet ?,
regards john.

Paulus said:
update time (and maybe a dejavu for some people :p)
I honestly thought I was either going mad, or I somehow suddenly had the ability to see in to the future :lol:

Everyone is in for a nice treat on this one :)

first:
a very very fast setup. i was not 100% happy with it.

scape-01.jpg

second:
totally new try. but still hmmmmmm not yet :rolleyes:

scape-02.jpg

third:
k, setup 3.

scape-03.jpg

scape-03-1.jpg

Back