• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Back in the Saddle' 90cm - 1 year on!

Love this scape vito, are you entering iaplc ? You should :)
Hi Tim, thanks for the kind comments, I wasn't planning on entering, I don't even know how to be honest :) My only issue I nailing the final shot as my camera skills are a bit newbie, I have tried with my brothers SLR but I cant get the right colours etc... anyway if I do I will have to add some more fish as its only got a clean up crew and 5 blue tetras in there right now.

Reactions: tim
Hey guys, another update due, everything going well apart from overdoing it on the CO2 has killed at least 4 shrimp :( Oops, I have to watch the levels a bit closer. anyway some more pics, I dont like the FTS from the front but just so you get a different perspective.
dscf3461w.jpg

dscf3459z.jpg

dscf3457v.jpg

dscf3449.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hello,
Is the Hm being trimmed intentionally to cause symmetry with the white arc created by the lighting? (especially in the top pick of your last post) or is it an awesome lucky coincident?which everway i think that it gives the whole scene a really balanced feel and i could just sit and look at it for ages!

Cheers,
Nutty

Hello,
Is the Hm being trimmed intentionally to cause symmetry with the white arc created by the lighting? (especially in the top pick of your last post) or is it an awesome lucky coincident?which everway i think that it gives the whole scene a really balanced feel and i could just sit and look at it for ages!

Cheers,
Nutty
Hi Nutty, just luck :) I don't spend enough time sitting in front of it if I'm honest but every time I walk past I look at it without fail lol

Hello peeps, one more week over and another update due, I took Tim's advice and entered into IAPLC, I'm not expecting much but I thought I would contribute to the UK entries :)
I have definitely been overdoing the co2 as I think I have killed most the amanos in the tank :( so I have decided to put up a big piece of card in front of the tank during the day to kill the light spill and reduce the need for co2 during lights out I hope this doesnt have a negative effect on the plants they are doing so well but unfortunately its cost me in the shrimp department, I am also down to 3 tetras and 1 otto, to be honest I am not interested in the fish/animals at all its the scape that does it for me but I know eventually I will want a massive shoal of something and when I do I don't want to kill em so I need to get this right.
Any way I decided to trim the HC as I noticed some slight algae build up as most of the amanos who'ed previously ate it are no longer present. I am off to Ibiza this weekend for my stag, should be exciting and I hope the tank will be ok, I have entrusted my fiance to keep an eye on it but nothing major needs doing.
Anyway, I borrowed my brothers SLR and took some snaps, to be honist I dont like the way they turned out and I seem to prefer my cheap digital camera shots.
Enjoy
studiosession032.jpg

studiosession037.jpg

studiosession034.jpg

Lovely scape. You can try adjusting the white balance setting so it doesn't appear too warm and yellow. I usually shoot my tanks at 4900 Kelvin but each tank is different due to the colour of the glass and lighting.

Also try to boost the exposure compensation, say by +1EV to get a brighter shot. But beware that it will reduce the shutter speed or reduce the depth of field depending on which mode you use. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Looking good Vito.
I'm sure the tank will be fine.....maybe you in Ibiza is more risky ;) have a good stag do :)
Cheerio
Ady

Hey guys, well an update is well over due so here goes...
Whilst away in Ibiza, the co2 ran out, causing a minor algae issue, the HM was grown almost to the top so I had to hack the life out of it. When I replaced the co2 bottle I forgot to put the time on auto and it killed almost everything so I am left with 1 otto and 1 amano :( anyway, I have done a few water changes and I have reduced the lighting to two bulbs to recover from the algae and I can report everything is on the mend. I also broke the inlet pipe, damn thing snapped, so I am using the ugly eheim plastic one, if anyone could recomend a good quality glass inlet that would be great, also I will be restocking the amanos as soon as I get paid. Any way here are some pictures of the tank as it is.
gkxc.jpg

mq5b.jpg

blso.jpg

6b1g.jpg

Thanks for looking

sorry to hear about the gassing but easily forgot, can I ask were did you purchase the NA aquarium as heard good thing about them, and great looking aquarium love the layout

Thanks dean

sorry to hear about the gassing but easily forgot, can I ask were did you purchase the NA aquarium as heard good thing about them, and great looking aquarium love the layout

Thanks dean

Hi Dean, thanks for the compliment, I ordered the setup through FreshwaterShrimp, they are one of the sponsors on this forum, they are very helpful and I would definitely recommend as the NA Setup it brilliant value for money.

Really love this scape vito, true nature aquarium, I can recommend the gush glassware from aquariumplantfood good quality and well priced IMO or maybe na stainless steel pipes would be a less breakable option.
Thanks for the kind words, I totally forgot about gush product line, I'm going to go for the glass option as I love the almost invisible look even though they are fragile

Hey guys, another update and I am happy to report that the tank is well on its way to a full recovery, I suspect that covering the front of the tank during the day to block the light spill and minimizing the lights has had a positive effect. I will be restocking but I haven't decided on what fish, either a massive shoal of some small species or a few nice show fish as a crowd pleaser for the missus and my friends who often ask me when am I going to get some "real fish" in there :)
Here are some pic's, the inlet is starting to bug me and I am going to make a final decision on a new one soon. I also thought I would take some snaps mid W/C to add a bit of variety :)
xso7.jpg

cvln.jpg

mlsw.jpg

kj8l.jpg

3oml.jpg

3qrv.jpg

Thanks for looking

This tank is turning out to be very good.

And i feel as time goes by, it will be looking better and better.

My advice, i would go for a steel pipes selection. Your hoses are durty as normal. I ask mayself what is the point of having glass pipes, if hoses also look ugly...

my opinion

keep it up

looking good mate, how do you carry out water changes just syphon the water out and put hose just above the carpet ? love the tank keep updates coming, and I love huge shoals of fish and maybe one larger fish for show but cannot beat lots of little fish lol sure will look great

Dean

Back