• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back after many years, and all’s changed 🤔😂

Thanks guys,

@Ray
LED’s have changed massively, I remember making my own and it cost £500, and that was cheap compared to what was on the shelves (if you could even find them lol)
I’ve just put a post up, I’ve recently bought a fluval plant 3.0, it’s my only new toy really. Everything else is what I was using years ago.
I used to use diy substrate, but gone for Tropica this time, seams to have good reviews and like you say didn’t break the bank.

Lol, it’s great to see it’s gained momentum, and popularity, especially over this side of Europe/the world.

Reactions: Ray
Welcome back to the forum/ aquascaping.

I'm in the same situation as you guys and not done a tank in nearly 10 years!.

Yes the hobby has changed a lot since 2010, and particularly since the early 2000's(!!). Equipment is much better and the variety of plants available are also fantastic. As mentioned, some of the guys on here then and now are world famous aquascapers with huge online followings!!. : ))

Reminiscing about starting out in the hobby, it goes back to trying to emulate George Farmers scapes in 2003 with a couple of pieces of wood and java fern on fish forums UK when I was a kid. My main inspiration, along with Takashi Amano. I'm sure people even questioned using ferts for our tanks back then!!. Times have changed.

My EA aquascaper is being delivered on Tuesday(!!), and I'm very excited. Not been aquascaping since 2011 due to illness but never lost the bug for this hobby. I've been collecting the hardscape and saving photos of other people's works for inspiration. So I can finally have another try at getting my aquascape up and running fully next week.

A great hobby on many different levels, particularly in terms of health and creativity. A source of zen sometimes and a healthy way to keep the mind creatively occupied.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hi, I have noticed the major change in the hobby especially led lighting. Interesting time ahead for us coming back into the mix

Thanks again guys,

Looking forward to seeing where things go,
Already having my first few issues, so I’ll be trolling through and bending your ears.

@Nick_593
It’s great to see people making a living and becoming successful out of something they enjoy and are passionate about.
I’ve got loads of bits hanging around in lofts and garages scattered around lol,
I’ve put together my little 2 footer I had built years ago, mimics the signature tank, 24 x 12 x 18.
Most of its old bits and pieces, apart from the light, gone for the fluval plant 3, already stressing me playing with it, I knew where I was with t5’s lol..

Definitely,
I’ve loved setting it up and playing it while been locked down, it’s abit tougher now I’m back at work and don’t have as much time.
The aquascaper range looks great, hope
It goes well for you

Back