• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Atomizer inside filter inlet.

The_storm

Hi.
I have a Fluval Roma 240 planted set up, using the standard filter with the inlet using the pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the tank, into the original filter.
My question is, if I fix the co2 atomizer inside the pump inlet in the tank, are there any pros and cons with co2 going directly into the filter?

Attachments

• Polish_20230402_153719685.jpg
    Polish_20230402_153719685.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 151
My question is, if I fix the co2 atomizer inside the pump inlet in the tank, are there any pros and cons with co2 going directly into the filter?
Depending on the amount of gas you put into the filters.

Pros: will dissolve most of the gas (no bubbles in the aquarium) this will give you better distribution of said co2.

Cons: potential for gas build up and occasional filter 'burp"
Could attack the filter seals? I've been doing it for 18mths without any issues.

The possible trapping of air was a possibility I'd considered but I guessed (maybe incorrectly) that the microbubbles would either be absorbed or disperse.
The seals in a interesting one.
Thanks. Keep em coming.

Pros: will dissolve most of the gas (no bubbles in the aquarium) this will give you better distribution of said co2.

Cons: potential for gas build up and occasional filter 'burp"
Same for me.

Personally I don't see it making much if any difference to the seals.
I rarely clean my canister filter but when I do, I also clean and lube the seals with silicone grease to hopefully prolong their life.

Is silicone grease (in spray form) a good shout? I've always used vaseline.

Thanks

Is silicone grease (in spray form) a good shout? I've always used vaseline.
I've read repeatedly that silicone grease is preferred, and that vaseline has the potential to degrade the rubber seals. I can't comment on the validity of vaseline degradation, but I've stuck with silicone grease because of it, and it's been working great.

Back