• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Assassin Snails kill Shrimps

Assassins will only eat dead shrimps. Ive never seen mine eat shrimps at all.

Ive also seen my CRS eating another dead CRS. I dont think its in their nature to eat live shrimps.
However I do only keep the young assasins in the shrimp tank, when it gets to a certain size I plonk them into my main tank.

Its possible. But then you have such a dense planted shrimp tank they can be anywhere.

I constantly come across empty shells in my shrimp tank now so it seems the baby assasins are doing their job.

Maybe I take 2-3 out of the shrimp tank and chuck them into the main tank tonight.

LondonDragon said:
Either way mine are moving out permanently lol I can live with the pest snails ;)

Mine too :) Only had them a few weeks, and they've done quite a good job. Maybe we should set up a pest snail removal service and just hire them out to members for 2 weeks at a time :lol:

SteveUK said:
Mine too :) Only had them a few weeks, and they've done quite a good job. Maybe we should set up a pest snail removal service and just hire them out to members for 2 weeks at a time :lol:
I like it, Assassins for hire :p

LondonDragon said:
I like it, Assassins for hire :p

Hmmmm, I'm thinking something like...

4473470402_64415fd959_o.jpg

Looks pretty cool.

I would have imagined him having shells as shoes and riding on a big assasin snail.

Even having a shell on his head :D

Back