• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Assassin and Nerite snails

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Hi guys just wondering if Nerite snails are compatible with assassin snails?? I'm assuming they are as nerite's are much larger but unsure.??

it is unadvisable to keep assassins with other snails as they will eat them, ghost has been lucky so far. I've seen a few large apple snails taken out by assassins before. Up to you if you want to risk it, but i wouldn't if i were you.

Also Kuhli Loach are scavengers, not snail eaters (thought i'd just point that out)

Cordi

Im going to get a couple of Nerites. What would you advise to eradicate a snail problem? Got baby ramhorns everywhere and couple of other species.

Cordi said:
it is unadvisable to keep assassins with other snails as they will eat them, ghost has been lucky so far. I've seen a few large apple snails taken out by assassins before. Up to you if you want to risk it, but i wouldn't if i were you.

Very lucky then.. 🙂 Have the lot for over a year now.. 🙂

Also Kuhli Loach are scavengers, not snail eaters (thought i'd just point that out)

Cordi

My Khuly loaches eat all the trumpet snails they find, leaving the assassin snails and nerites.. 🙂

On my tank I got only assassin snails and nerites, and some shells of trumpet snails. 🙂

Assasin snails have the abilty to make a hole in its preys shell, which is why (in theory) no snails are safe, but more often than not they will ignore anything considerably bigger than themselves.

Back