• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Asking for Trouble??

johnny70

I have a heavily planted tank 30x12x12" with 2x24w over tank luminaire on it, I have taken one of the lamps out when I first setup the tank as I didn't want to go OTT with light as its not got pressurised CO2 so has been running with just 24w of light.

Now should I stick in the other lamp now things have been going well? I daily dose(see below) with micro/macro and easycarbo. Filtration and circulation are around x10 volume :wideyed:

Planting is mainly crypts and Echinodorus.

Ph 6.8
Kh 0/1
Gh 6
Temp25ºc

Dosing wise using;
6tsp Potassium Nitrate
3tsp Potassium Phosphate
12tsp Magnesium sulfate (been using this for only a week, using GH booster before)
1000ml water

2tsp Trace
1000ml Water

Dosing 20ml of 1st mix 3 x a week
and dosing 20ml Trace 3 x a week
Dosing 6ml eastcarbo daily

30% water change every 7 days

Just doubling the intensity could give you problems, I would cut down the photoperiod to cope as with more light you'll need to dose more and inject more co2. Therefore a shorter photoperiod would help you take time to perfect the right dosing and co2 before you get any problems.

I have 2x39w T5 over my 3 ft tank without any real problems now but taking it steady at first will pay off in the future.

Is it all growing and going well? If so then stick with the lighting you have :)

Back