• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are they open?

I’ve been thinking about setting up another tank and whilst I can get most stuff online I’m wondering if I’ll be able to get any inmates from the LFS. Thinking about Cory’s in particular if I could get them. Are your LFS still open do you know in your area?

Have been delivering food to garden centre restaurants for take out only, the aquatic shops were open, can't say for how much longer, that was throughout the South West.

I haven't been but don't think any near me are closed at the moment (norfolk). I'm a bit confused by the whole situation to tell you the truth as none of the big shops look like they are closing. We had to go to p@h as we only had a weeks worth of dog food and needed a new bag (lasts our little girl about six months) and the shelves were stripped. Luckily they were unpacking a 30 pallet delivery and I got some about a hour later.
All the other shops on the industrial park are open so you can still happily buy towels at dunelm or a sofa elsewhere, just not go to a pub or restaurant.

So that's a long way of saying I think it's up to the individual shop at the moment and if they need to stay open to keep going I think they have to take the risk.

Well I’ve pulled the trigger and ordered a 60L Nano from online seller ProShrimp so fingers crossed it arrives and I can get any other stuff I need locally for it.

Whilst many aquatic stores remain open, like most I believe they will close to the public. Some are already doing it and many are offering local delivery and reduced minimum spend for free delivery. Every one is trying. It is so difficult but I think the right thing for everyone to do now is try and stay at home. For some it is not that easy or simple, but the choice will be removed for most soon.

Are the shops open?
Some shops remain open. But non-essential shops are closed. Food shops, pharmacies, corner shops, hardware stores, petrol stations, pet shops, post offices, banks, newsagents and shops inside hospitals will stay open.

The Government has ordered people only to shop for food and essentials.

Many chain LFS are in Garden Centres which would I assume will be closed. Pets in general need food and bedding and cats need cat litter. Our 'little princess' comes in from the garden when she needs a wee or poo.

Things may change, it will get worse before it gets better. Cruise ships are yielding valuable data on the viability of COVID 19, the record seems to be 17 days. Ahh for days of polished brass, 4hrs.

LFS in Pinxton, Derbyshire has just posted they are open but only for the sale of essential fish foods, medicines and other similar products. All their livestock viewing areas will remain closed to the general public.

Back