• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are there diffrent types of guppy grass ?

Danlacey1988

I know I'm going to sound silly here
But I recently bought some more guppy grass on ebay but when it turned up it was completely diffrent from all the others I had in the past
First picture is what I userally get
The second picture was what turned up yesterday

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210507_091751.jpg
    20210507_091751.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 339
  • 20210507_091746.jpg
    20210507_091746.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
Can you get a picture of just one strand. The first picture is normally what is sold as guppy grass Najas guadalupensis and in the second picture it looks like you have some small pieces of that at the bottom but the main plant looks more like hornwort foliage. There is a species of najas (but that tends to be more bronze/brown) that looks more like horn wort but the picture is slightly confusing my eyes and I can make out the details enough.

So it's the stuff I've planted that looks more like hair grass I put it in my little tank and it literally fell apart so I planted the left over bits in a attempt to regrow it
There is guppy grass in this tank aswell the stuff I always get as I'm growing it in both
Cleaning day tommorow looks a bit of a mess at present

Attachments

• 20210508_124916.jpg
    20210508_124916.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 143
Yes that looks like guppy grass. It's not a particularly good traveller and it's common for it to disintegrate. All you really need is just a tiny piece and it will happily grow just floating around the tank until it gets long enough for you to do something with.

Back