• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatics Live 2012 pics and thanks

Tony Swinney

Great to meet up with everyone at Aquatics Live 2012 this weekend, the show was pretty good overall, but I think the planted tanks of the ukaps, freshwatershrimp, and Aquajardin stands stood out above the rest !

This was the ukaps stand. Huge thanks and congrats must go to Dan Crawford for all the effort he put into putting this together, and making it happen. Not only does Dan do all the organisation for the show, starting months in advance collecting sponsors for the stand and the aquascaping competition, but he also designs all of the flyers, t-shirts, iPad stand and the poster himself, and transported a pair of 80cm tanks to the show too. Quite some effort !

Thanks also to Ed (Piece-of-Fish) from FreshWaterShrimp for the huge LED TV on which we displayed scape build up videos, finished scape pics, and shrimp pics and vids too.

AqLive2012_02.jpg

AqLive2012_17.jpg

These were the two awesome scapes on Ed's FreshWaterShrimp stand - simply stunning, and a great showcase for the NA tanks, stands and lights too.

AqLive2012_18.jpg

AqLive2012_19.jpg

AqLive2012_03.jpg

Re: Aquatics Live pics

Here are the 10 great scapes from the AquaScaping competition, these were all scaped on Saturday, and then judged on Sunday morning by Heiko Bleher, Dan Crawford, James Starr Marshall, Mark Evans, Chris Lukhap and Lars Green from Tropica.

AqLive2012_01.jpg

AqLive2012_11.jpg

AqLive2012_04.jpg

AqLive2012_05.jpg

AqLive2012_06.jpg

AqLive2012_07.jpg

AqLive2012_08.jpg

AqLive2012_09.jpg

AqLive2012_12.jpg

AqLive2012_10.jpg

Reigning champion Stu Worrall retained his title with a stunning scape, with Tony Swinney in 2nd ( :oops: ) and Antoni Dimitrov in 3rd. Out of a possible 500 points, there was only 6 points between the top 3 so it was a pretty close thing !

Thanks go to Tropica for the plants, Tetra for the tanks, and Unipac for the hardscape materials, not to mentoin the judges for their time too.

Heres looking forward to next years show :)

Tony

Funnily enough after seeing the names on the signs I guess exactly who did which tanks.
Really gutted I didn't make it, totally forgot it was going on, had made plans as well. Aww well. Another time.

Hi Folks, I've just been working on some photos of the 'scapes from the show.
Graeme Edwards
GraemeEdwards.jpg

Antoni Dimitrov
AntoniDimitrov.jpg

Stu Worrall
StuWorrall.jpg

I just found this and thought I'd show you my finished scape after day 1...
BB180CFF-6594-42C3-B6F0-BBA5BD63AF59-2361-00000333735B0180.jpg

Antoni said:
I particularly like the study on the Iwagumi Dan did and Ian seems pretty happy too :D
looks like Ian may have drank all the beers.....
I think they may also now prove more than a challenge to keep from floating! Hemianthus Carlingtrichoides, red bull has no chance as its aiming for the skies, but maybe Pogostemon StellaArtois has a chance!......I suppose if anyone can, Dan can!
Sorry, that's it, I'm done now :lol:

Fao mr worrall!

It turns out it was a bloody Iranian TV company! Lol

image-1.jpg

Just think, I may be the new pin up in Iran...

Top pic Mark. Keep 'em coming. Did you get any of the Aquajardin tank with the Electric Blue Rams?

Back