• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatics Live 2012 - photos and videos

Looks amazing. Pretty jealous of you guys able to attend.

2 Questions about the photos:

What are these blue fish?

8176536793_4493320867_o.jpg

Did one of the UKAPS members create this? I would like to contact them with some questions

8176522086_2ac38be114_o.jpg

Stitch said:

8176536793_4493320867_o.jpg

Did one of the UKAPS members create this? I would like to contact them with some questions

8176522086_2ac38be114_o.jpg

Hi,

Going by the size and shape of the body and the fins, the blue fish look to me like the German bred Blue Rams (Ramirez) could be wrong but I don't think so. Google Blue Rams and see what comes up?

Steve

It was the aquajardin display indeed, and they are electric blue..

I only took about 50 odd photos, was too busy having fun and listening to the amazing talks.. :)

Also done a video of the scapes, need to edit it and post it on youtube.

Stitch said:
It was indeed an amazing weekend, make sure you are there next time ;)

1. it is indeed electric blue rams
2. tank was created by Piece-of-fish

i should have got some amanos, but for some reason didnt :? o_O , Ed said he'd do 10 for £20.....what was i thinking......probably i cant be arsed to acclimate for 2 hours when i get home at 11pm after a 4 1/2hr drive!!! Wish i had now though :sick:

Nice pics Ian :thumbup:

Hey guys,

I have some questions about aquariums at UKAPS' booth - for some reason I didn't ask them while "on site" :oops:

1. What is the manufacturer of these two LED modules used over the larger aquarium? I thought it was JBL's product, but now I can't find anything like this in their product range...

2. What species are the red Characins in the larger tank?

3. Grass-like plant in the larger tank - Echinodorus tenellus?

4. What species/variety is the reddish Cryptocoryne in the smaller aquarium? The one with darker spots on the leaves...

5. What are the stemmed plants on the bottom of the smaller aquarium? I think they might be Staurogyne repens, Ludwigia glandulosa, and Alternathera reineckii, but it's rather a guess... ;)

(after making several vids without voice-overs, and after receiving some comments from viewers who seem to like my mumbling, I decided to return to making spoken commentary... :crazy: )

:)

Back