• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping assistance

LukeDaly

Hey guys I am looking for some comments on my current hard scape (no plants ordered yet).
Be as truthful as you can :) if you think it looks rough be sure to let me know, and let me know what you would change personally!

FX8eTaf.jpg

I personally dont think it looks quite right yet but cant seem to put a finger on what it is yet! Plant ideas would also be greatly appreciated! I was thinking a dwarf baby tears carpet in there also?
ALL comments and criticisms are appreciated!

Attachments

• FX8eTaf.jpg
    FX8eTaf.jpg
    503 bytes · Views: 206
It's certainly a nice piece of wood!

My first thoughts were maybe some bigger stones but now I'm not sure, I think when you get more plants it will look much better. The wood looks like it's sticking out of the ground a bit unnaturally but with some bushy / taller plants obscuring that area it might look better? Oh, and plenty of moss!

It's certainly a nice piece of wood!

My first thoughts were maybe some bigger stones but now I'm not sure, I think when you get more plants it will look much better. The wood looks like it's sticking out of the ground a bit unnaturally but with some bushy / taller plants obscuring that area it might look better? Oh, and plenty of moss!

Yes, I love the wood! I have some bigger stones here would maybe be worth a try for sure! How would you suggest placing the wood? But yes moss. and lots of it! Need to get my post count up so I can access the trade/swap area of the forum.. I think I will get better quality plants from there than in my LFS.

I like the setup. I just would do a couple of changes. As it is now you can see the two substrate layers through the glass, and perhaps it would look nicer if you only could see the white sand layer. The other change would be to hide or to replace the filter in and out pipes, tank size is reduced and the lower (or less visible) the number of devices the more natural the aquarium will look. Wood is great and together with moss could look great!

Perhaps I'm not helping you much .., hope my comments are useful.

Cheers,

Jose

Back