• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Aquascaping advice needed!

Adam47

Hi,

Please find below photos of my planted Rio 350. I like it so far but I’m not totally satisfied with it. I was thinking of including a white sand path to help create more depth, but anyway let me know your thoughts!

Adam.

Attachments

• IMG_2274.jpeg
    IMG_2274.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2237.jpeg
    IMG_2237.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2236.jpeg
    IMG_2236.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 192
You could place sand right through the centre to spilt the scape creating two islands.
Or you could just add a small beach of sand in the front centre.
George Farmer once done this with his 1200. It was all carpet but he broke it up with a small beach I’m sure.
I can’t find the video but you can see what I mean in this one.

Thanks guys ✌️✌️✌️…. I’ll have a think about what I’m going to do next. Will post here with any updates.

I just don't like ... no, I hate attempts at creating dry-land scenery underwater. Most of us - incl. myself - are no artists but it does not mean that we must create a kitch.

I haven’t got much advice yet guys, we’re stuck on the sand path issue 😅😂

It's your aquarium go for it,🙂Most of the sand paths seem more successful,IMO, when the substrate is raised at the back. Think your aquarium looks nice and it's what your happy with. Take a look at IAPLC contest scapes for inspiration

Back