• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaper 600 Bargain tank - Need a cabinet solution

Franks

Hi all,

My 13-year-old daughter got an unused bargain, sourced locally for £40 of her hard-earned pocket money. The original owner wasn't happy with the slightly messy silicone work and it was replaced under warranty for him so they just gave him the slightly imperfect one.

I want to build her a proper setup that can sit in the living room with my high-tech Osaka planted tank. I have a spare Co2 regulator and need a light, filter, and cabinet. Can anyone suggest any suitable cabinet stands for this 60wx50dx37h tank short of me building her one?
I considered using an Ikea cabinet as a base to then reinforce myself but it seems most are now made of particleboard/paper so probably impossible to strengthen properly.

Unless someone by chance has an EA600 cabinet they are selling cheap?

Thanks again.

I’m not sure the exact dimensions but my 60p sized tank sits on an ikea besta and there is room left for a wider tank. I just put reinforcements on the corners of the tank and it’s been fine for years.

I considered an off the shelf alternative but got worried about strength having read a few stories on here. I'm glad yours is standing the test of time and you've clearly done a good job on reinforcement. I ended up building one.

Attachments

• PXL_20230321_230252090.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230321_230252090.MP.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Back