• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquariums limited

Talk to TGM my 180l is from there and its excellent. All optiwhite.

Andyh

I have had some very serious issues with Aquariums ltd. However when pushed they come back with straightforward and honest replies. They might have let some people down (including me) with communication, but I genuinely believe their intentions are good, but their over commitments let them down sometimes.

I dont condone taking money off people and not supplying them with products, but I do believe that although they may be overstretched and somewhat disingenuous on lead times, that they supply quality products and their intentions are honest and genuine.

In these difficult economic times, seeing companies go under and people losing jobs is not pleasant. There is no excuse if a company is hopeless or useless, but I would respectfully suggest that this company means well, can produce when they want to, and just need to be more up front and honest about their lead times. This is from someone who has been very critical directly to them. I still support them, and am grateful for what they have supplied me with, even if I had to push at times. Could we encourage them to perform, rather than closing them down?

If the economic climate were different I might be less generous, but at the end of the day who wants people to lose employment and in turn stop employing people? Maybe we should draw a line under aquariums ltd discussions and discuss other suppliers in a different thread? If they're not boxed into a corner, maybe they can get back to the position they were once in?

Mark Evans said:
I'll also be picking my 120 x 55 x 55 up to tomorrow from Ed. By all accounts, it's pretty good.
I saw your tank yesterday, and it must have been the most amazing tank I have seen to date.

Not sure how you going to pump co2 into something that big, but willing to learn from your journal. :)

Who is Edis? I am confused is that Poseidon or a guy fro manother company?

Re: Mjbarnard, I agree I dont think anyone wants to see a company in trouble if thier intentions and products are good, they do need to address what has become a common criticism though.

Let us not forget that although we see a lot of criticism, that does not account for all those happy satisfied customers that we do not hear about.

sanj said:
count for all those happy satisfied customers that we do not hear about.
I'm happy with the tank, it's the stand that's a total let down!

Mjbarnard,I don't want to see them go down,yeah,fair enough they seem like nice people,but my order has been like carry on aquariums from start to finish.It does not take much effort to answer an email,or pick up the phone and hey presto,half your problems have vanished.
I do want to support a small family business,but not at my own personal expense,plus my damn fish should have been moved months ago.

Mark Evans said:
ghostsword said:
I saw your tank yesterday, and it must have been the most amazing tank I have seen to date.

Is it that good? :D ooo, cant wait!
The tank is really good. Very small amount of silicone, great glass and really big! It is the size that is most surprising, and when you cannot see silicone it is just awe inspiring.

It must weight a lot also, the glass is really thick. :) an I am not sure that it will fit on a saloon.

Edis also had other tanks there, there were a couple of shallow tanks that would be amazing to scape on.

sanj said:
Who is Edis? I am confused is that Poseidon or a guy fro manother company?
Edis is "Piece-of-fish" on UKAPS, people keep using the nick from another forum for some reason :p

:) I always called him Edis.. :) or Edie.

Contact him, he has amazing aquariums, does not get them often, but the quality is amazing. :) For me is perfect, only 20 minutes from my house, so I know where I will get my tanks from now on. :)

Hi.Does Edis only make or supply tanks or does he make both tanks + cabinets. As I am after a good quality cabinet.

Has anybody used this company recently please , they have now changed names to Aquarium Manufacturers Ltd , I have ordred a tank off them and just wondered if the same delivery and communication problems exsist , my tank is due for delivery to me next week.

pembulls said:
Has anybody used this company recently please , they have now changed names to Aquarium Manufacturers Ltd , I have ordred a tank off them and just wondered if the same delivery and communication problems exsist , my tank is due for delivery to me next week.

Let us know how you get on of it does arrive on the date specified mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alastair said:
pembulls said:

Let us know how you get on of it does arrive on the date specified mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do they are supposed to be delivering on or before the 26th of April :D

Well the tank turned up yesterday as promised and with in the delivery time , and I have to say it is very well made I am really pleased with it.Seems this company as turned themselves around nice one Aquariums Manufacturers ltd I would highly recomended them :thumbup:

Back