• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium plant food uk

john arnold

hello
New to this dosing and ok i find it a little confusing with things like pottasium ftom potasium nitrate etc so i got my stater kit from above website in uk, heres a picture of my dosing regime, now i was trying go use the dosing calculater from james planted tank site and not much the wiser as it seems im under dosing maybe, can anyone look at the uploaded pic and tell me if im doing the right thing or not, im not lazy just dont understand
Mgso4
Kno3
Kh2po4
Chelated, fe8.2%;mn1.82%, zn1.16%,b1.05%,cu0.23%,mo0.15%
I have 240L pressurised co2, fluval 3.0 light
140L pressurised co2, twinstar 600ae
100L liquid co2 chihiros 601 led

many thanks to whoever bothers to take a look, i really would like to get this right as spent quite a bit of money and want nice plants and no algae

Attachments

• 802C99F2-758E-4C98-ACC3-3C5AC3622348.jpeg
    802C99F2-758E-4C98-ACC3-3C5AC3622348.jpeg
    859.4 KB · Views: 1,019
Ok well ill stick to the starter kit i guess for now then maybe up it a little if need be, oh i tested phosphate in one tank and it was 5ppm is that the same as phosphate im adding with my fertz and if so i shouldnt add sny more to the mix? Or is it a diff phosphate dont mean to sound bit stupid here

Ok thanks all ive read and reread and i get it now, thought i was being bit thick, and its very similar to my starter kit regime, ill try the different way on one tsnk and my usual one on the other seewhat the results are

Hi john, you don’t need to worry about testing, that is one of the main points about dosing with the EI method.
Most test kits will give you more headaches than true readings anway!
You just follow the recipe and don’t worry about if you have enough of everything because you will.
Now getting the C02, the flow and the lighting in harmony is a different matter ...... so concentrate on those and keep the tank clean and fresh with large water changes.
That is the best approach to avoid nasty algae.

Hi John best thing to do is just take your time and watch how the plants react and if you feel there not responding up it a little and watch again just patient with it I use the start kit still 2 years down the line and it does work also add some easy card just helps the plants along a little
20181025_234807.jpg

oh i tested phosphate in one tank and it was 5ppm is that the same as phosphate im adding with my fertz and if so i shouldnt add sny more to the mix? Or is it a diff phosphate dont mean to sound bit stupid here
Not a stupid question. I doubt the test kit is reading correctly as 5ppm sounds way way way too high. Please see this this link on test kits, and put your test kit away, it serves no purpose other than to start you down the path of plant deficiencies.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-about-test-kits.52487/

Not a stupid question. I doubt the test kit is reading correctly as 5ppm sounds way way way too high. Please see this this link on test kits, and put your test kit away, it serves no purpose other than to start you down the path of plant deficiencies.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-about-test-kits.52487/
Haha ok i get it now put the test kit at back of cupboard, cheers i want good plants more thsn the fish but i do want fish too judt want a section of wildlife in the home

Hi John best thing to do is just take your time and watch how the plants react and if you feel there not responding up it a little and watch again just patient with it I use the start kit still 2 years down the line and it does work also add some easy card just helps the plants along a little View attachment 118947
Ok whats easy card? Or was that a typo

Hi john, you don’t need to worry about testing, that is one of the main points about dosing with the EI method.
Most test kits will give you more headaches than true readings anway!
You just follow the recipe and don’t worry about if you have enough of everything because you will.
Now getting the C02, the flow and the lighting in harmony is a different matter ...... so concentrate on those and keep the tank clean and fresh with large water changes.
That is the best approach to avoid nasty algae.

I do spend a lot of time on them and do reg water changes smd lights 8 hrs a day, i have not touched co2 supply for 3 weeks mow so im gonna give it a bit of overdose flourish fir 3 days and see what happens, and yeah keep to the program of ei dosing

If you have algae odds are you have poor flow or lights too high
Thats the thing i have fluval 3.0 led and co2 pressurised and not changed its bubble count for 3 weeks now and all plants moving so flow is good, so ill gove it a couple of weeks after dosing flourish and see where i am at then

Is your drop checker lime green at lights on
Well its close to it i get a bit undecided if its lime green or verging on yellow so i leave it at lime greenish if you knowvwhst i mean, its set to come on 2 hrs before lights

Back