• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Plant Food UK Closing Down

johnny70

AQUARIUM PLANT FOOD UK.jpg

Absolutely gutted. Goes without saying this was my route into mixing my own ferts and always recommended this company to others starting out.

For anybody new to this that's panicking there are other options. You can get most of the dry salts here. Foil Pouches | APC Pure Or here. Aquatic Plants Fertiliser | Aqua Plants Care

Only thing I'm not sure about is aquaplants csm+b mix, seems slightly different to APF's mix.

Ingredients:
Fe – 7,80%, Mn- 2,00%, B – 1,40%,
Zn- 0,40%, Cu – 0,10%, Mo – 0,06%
E 202 & E 300
EDTA Chelated

Thats a real shame. I watched the mixing video only last night for the first time.

That's a shame its closing as it was a great easy starting point for many folk for DIY ferts with their DIY fert starter kit 😭

Only thing I'm not sure about is aquaplants csm+b mix, seems slightly different to APF's mix.

And not cheap long term
For comparison -

1647082551494.png

1647082564297.png
1647082573533.png

Solufeed Sodium Free TEC™ would be a better match and work out much cheaper - one purchase should last a lifetime
1647082813685.png

APFUK use to get some of their salts from Solufeed so it wouldn't surprise me if APFUK trace 'is' Solufeed Sodium Free TEC™ relabelled and packaged

I bought my first ever batch from them, but since reading posts on this forum it works out cheaper to buy individual ingredients elsewhere.
Found that myself, however it was good place for starting :thumbup:

Yara sells a micronutrients powder mix called YaraTera Tenso Cocktail ( YaraTera TENSO COCKTAIL | Yara Deutschland ) , but not in the UK (dunno why). I use it long time instead of CSM+B which is unavailable on my market.
But Yara has branch in the UK - Fertilisers available in England | Yara UK. One kilogram can cost maybe 40 GBP.

Yara sells a micronutrients powder mix called YaraTera Tenso Cocktail ( YaraTera TENSO COCKTAIL | Yara Deutschland ) , but not in the UK (dunno why). I use it long time instead of CSM+B which is unavailable on my market.
But Yara has branch in the UK - Fertilisers available in England | Yara UK. One kilogram can cost maybe 40 GBP.
the comparison of the Yara Tera micro traces to APFUK trace mx
1647440713355.png

1647440623669.png

1647440661873.png

I reckon you could be right, she is always pointing out the 'outrageous' price we pay for things that cost very little to produce.
Last week she made me 1 litre of bromothymol blue indicator and she says it cost pennies so why is it a fiver for a 25ml bottle?

Back