• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Photography for Dummies Tutorial

faizal

Hi everyone. I am sure I am not alone when i say it's just not me who is always in such a state of awe when i look at a beautiful shot of an aquarium . My nose would be like just inches away from that screen,...& i would most likely be going... "Ooooo!!! Wow!! How do they take that shot?'''':wideyed:

I was wondering if the moderators or someone with a real kind heart:lol: could come up with a tutorial explaining the basics of aquarium photography. All those photographic terms .....often gets my head spinning ,...:crazy::wacky:

"Canon EOS" would be the only thing i would often comprehend ,....that means the person is using an SLR,...beyond that ,....it's just dead silence with cricket sounds for me.:confused::crazy:

So if anyone has any thing to add on the basics of aquarium photography,....and i mean really Dummy level stuffs,...i would be highly appreciative of your kind effort.

Hey Faizal. Problem with DSLR's is that you need some basic knowledge first. If you only shoot in the automated way you miss out on a lot of possibilities. Luckily there is a ton of knowledge on the internet. And luckily shooting with a digital camera costs nothing (that is if you have a camera). So practising costs only time. Start to learn about aperture, F-numbers, depth of field, shuttertimes, ISO value and white balance. It's not as hard as it seems. (for instance try: http://www.reddit.com/r/PhotoClass2013)

Back