• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium fish - The all time classics

Carbondioxide

Sponsor
UKAPS Team
We all have our own favourites and for many different reasons. However, there are some aquarium fish that have become iconic over the years. We recently published an article showcasing some of the most iconic and firm fish keeping favourites. Have a read and let us know if you agree?

Attachments

• LOGO HERE.png
    LOGO HERE.png
    806.9 KB · Views: 206
I started with platys and will probably end when them when I'm ready. The biggest sellers in our shop were guppies, mollies and platys (neons and cardinals finish the top five) and it's the same, I'd bet, for nearly every lfs out there. People like colourful and relatively small fish.

Mollies seemed to have fell out of favour lately , every aquarium shop would have a tank full at one time
There are still some excellent breeders out there. My LFS has 2-3 tanks dedicated to them. When bred correctly, they can be lovely fish.

I started with platys and will probably end when them when I'm ready. The biggest sellers in our shop were guppies, mollies and platys (neons and cardinals finish the top five) and it's the same, I'd bet, for nearly every lfs out there. People like colourful and relatively small fish.
You are correct. When keeping smaller fish, you have more space for different species. some of the most interesting fish in the hobby are small.

I seem to recall the first thing you saw entering a aquarium store tanks filled with Mollys (sailfin,black spekled)Wagtail Platys, andnot seeing that as much . Have seen a couple of videos of aquarium-coop l think it was on visits to Thailand some awesome stores with awesome 🐠

In stores and people’s tank. It’s pretty common to see them here.
They are also very common in Spain. With the water conditions suiting them, many people keep them in mini ponds. We also see them in many of the LFS in central Scotland.

Back