• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquael inline external heater

deeproots

Hi All,
I've had a hydor external 300w connected to my inkbird for the last 5 years. Trouble is it's dying and can't maintain heat. I tried in vain to buy another one in the UK - only available in the EU now it seems. I've bought an aquael inline 300w as I didnt want to buy one of the cheap chinese generic imports or the jbl one which appears to be a rebadged cheap import as well which is disappointing. Does anyone have any experience with this heater? I haven't installed it yet. Online reviews are scarce and one on amazon uk someone has it leaking from the power wire! I hope thats a one off and not a design flaw.

Thanks

Hi deeproots,
I have had one for a few years now, using it from time to time if the setup requires it. Currently it's plugged on my Chihiros Superjet on my main 120L tank, no problem whatsoever. I'm even running it upside down.
Easy to tune the temp, efficient, stable, silent. Nothing to worry about, I'd say.
Mine has the fittings for a digital thermometer but it isn't included, which is weird.

I just had a quick look on the french version of amazon (where I bought it) and the reviews are very contrasted. Some are very happy about it, more than a few had failures after a few months. I guess you'd better buy it from a trusted seller with good customer service.

Envoyé de mon KB2003 en utilisant Tapatalk

thanks - I'll run it and see what happens - annoying there is so little choice on inline. I might look into making my own with a reputable brand of heater at some point

Back