• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquael Glossy 120 x 40 x 63. 260 Litres

Alex J

20160812_161621 (Medium) (Small).jpg

I'm quite angry that you haven't started a journal :mad:.
Looks great.
sorry Neil :oops: I did think about it but i don't have a decent camera and felt it would look pretty poor when compared to other members efforts:).The tank has been running for six weeks , filtration is a tetratec 1200+ ,Vtherm 300w digital heater, i'am only using one of the three 24w led tubes , running for six hours , there is roughly 30kilos of dragon stone underneath the planting , the majority of the plants have been tied to the rockwork. at present fauna wise there are nine Otto's , several amano's and five Melanotaenia Herbertaxelrodi. More rainbow fish species to follow :D . Thanks for the kind comment:thumbup:

oh wow. rocks look like dragon stone

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
oh wood sorry i thought you meant rock. my bad

about your post before you don't have to be a pro with good camera just need to show of your skills and let other see what your tank looks like. keep up the good work

Good afternoon Alex,

Well i did have an impact just for looking to the colour of that sand/substrate. ;)

But i say this in a positive way cause i do love it! I really matches with the layout. And it´s different. I like people bringing new and breaking established ideas.

And yes you have qualitty in there!

Looking forward to see the (RE)evolution!.

Big hug.

You have to be quite careful to get the right type of deadwood though, it needs to be eaten by a cellulose feeding fungi, so that the deadwood is lignin based, easiest way to tell is just to bend it, lignen based deadwood is far stronger and more rigid, and will not have a spongy feel to it, the great thing about lignin deadwoods is that they are already very dense, and if they are from a wound on a veteran tree they will decompose very slowly, hope that helps anyone out collecting.

Back