• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua One 120cm optiwhite

castle

Has anyone seen one of these for sale/ in the flesh?

I’d like one 😅

Aquatic Design Centre posted in Facebook that they now stock AquaOne OptiClear tanks on 22 Oct. The low profile 120cm is £149.49.

It's strange that there is limited info on all the dimensions, I can only see the length of the available models

It's strange that there is limited info on all the dimensions, I can only see the length of the available models

Its a bit odd at 120 x 30 x 30 - I can't find glass thickness mentioned anywhere. Visually it looks like nice proportions for a long shallow tank, but I'd prefer more space front to rear.

1667897294352.png

Its a bit odd at 120 x 30 x 30 - I can't find glass thickness mentioned anywhere. Visually it looks like nice proportions for a long shallow tank, but I'd prefer more space front to rear.

View attachment 197455
Yeah I’d have preferred it 40cm deep, but if you see the quote I got from a4l you’d realise this is a bargain tank haha

Yeah I’d have preferred it 40cm deep, but if you see the quote I got from a4l you’d realise this is a bargain tank haha

Oh yeah, well it will be - my 1500 x 600 x 550 is an A4L tank, so I know their prices! But you're comparing a mass produced Chinese tank to a British hand made item. The quality of the A4L tanks is flawless, and they'll be using thicker glass.

Anyway the price for that AquaOne tank is an absolute bargain if the dimensions suit you. The next cheapest would probably be the APS one - it's got more depth and height, (so you lose out on the shallow tank look), and the price is still twice that of the AquaOne:

yeah, I’m still going to hunt out one of those aqua one tanks, hopefully my local Maidenhead can get one in 🤷‍♂️

At 150£, if the seals are dire at least I’ll be able to report back

4F7B5C58-AC3F-4240-ADDF-C477D6462E97.jpeg

418D23DB-53DF-4386-B285-400B9A4E4675.jpeg

C61C83EB-8495-413E-AB87-FD6C095AC58A.jpeg

8E71743E-43B3-49C7-8E9E-557DB6D9A090.jpeg

Overall very impressed, clean silicone work with a couple of blemishes. Oddly, might not use it as I don’t like how much of the room it’s filling!

Tank comes with mat, and cover glass and they’re all in good shape. However cover glass is lose, and if you pick the aquarium up vertically it will come crashing down. Glass is thick, no obvious damage but very annoying.

For 139.99 this feels like a bargain. Glass is thick, 8mm.

Craves my need for a 120f. All good. If I was a aquarium shop, I’d be stocking these.

Attachments

• FDE35411-274C-4988-BDBE-1E605D950052.jpeg
    FDE35411-274C-4988-BDBE-1E605D950052.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 204
If I had space for that, I'd be quite tempted for an emersed river or biotope style scape at that price!

I got this from Maidenhead @Courtneybst but I did have to order it.

As for what I’m to do with it @Wookii I don’t know. Id love a stream, but the running water noise would irritate me at times (tank is right behind desk). Maybe in the future 👍

I’m thinking of making something like a floating raft? A nest of wood, resting/ in/on top of rocks but at the water surface. Creating a very shady tank, but with loads of emergent growth, almost like a reed bed, or under a river bank. Floating plants would cover the rest. Obviously some leaf litter, the trick will be keeping all the wood “similar”.

Probabaly be a checkerboard chiclid species tank too.

I got this from Maidenhead @Courtneybst but I did have to order it.

As for what I’m to do with it @Wookii I don’t know. Id love a stream, but the running water noise would irritate me at times (tank is right behind desk). Maybe in the future 👍

I’m thinking of making something like a floating raft? A nest of wood, resting/ in/on top of rocks but at the water surface. Creating a very shady tank, but with loads of emergent growth, almost like a reed bed, or under a river bank. Floating plants would cover the rest. Obviously some leaf litter, the trick will be keeping all the wood “similar”.

Probabaly be a checkerboard chiclid species tank too.
Sounds amazing!

Has anyone seen one of these for sale/ in the flesh?

I’d like one 😅
I just bought this used.

Looks good, but I'm doing some upgrades...to the overflow and lights to start with.

Where can I buy one of these in the UK? I can't find any for sale online.

Also, does anyone have any suggestion about an appropriate cabinet for it to sit on? I plan to add a sump underneath.

@Colpig67 what cabinet is that?

Back