• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Oak 240 Glass Removal

jtizz

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Aqua Oak 240 tank.

There is a glass rim all around the top opening of the tank which reduces to top considerably, especially when doing maintenance or playing with filters etc.

So my question is, has anyone removed the glass? It is only held on with silicone so i feel it could be removed but thought I would ask first.

Many Thanks
JT

I'm not familiar with your tank but
It is only held on with silicone
Are the other glass panes not being held on "only" by silicone?

Sounds like it could be a brace of sorts. A picture, tank measurements and glass thickness would help.

Cheers

Hello
I'm not familiar with your tank but

Are the other glass panes not being held on "only" by silicone?

Sounds like it could be a brace of sorts. A picture, tank measurements and glass thickness would help.

Cheers
Hello,

The tank size is 116cm x 37.5cm x 66cm, the glass is 8mm think, I have attached two photos showing the construction.

Thanks
JT

Attachments

• 20220203_190403000_iOS.jpg
    20220203_190403000_iOS.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • 20220203_190434000_iOS.jpg
    20220203_190434000_iOS.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
As above, the bracing is there for support and to stop the glass from bowing etc. If the glass was thick you could remove but 8mm is far too thin.

Thank you very much for all your help, as much as it is annoying I shall leave it in place 😂

Back