• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Oak 200 Litre - Low Tech

MarkS

Hi all

Looking forward to building my first aqua scape. Currently at the gathering bits to gather stage. So far I have...

Aqua Oak 200 litre aquarium, bought at a great price second hand, lot's of cleaning required though! Currently sat full of water, no leaks which is good :)
Biomaster 600 Thermo. This will only give me circa 6.25 turns an hour but I'll see how it goes.
Fluval Plant 46W LED. Bought this at an incredible price second hand but unused on eBay. Love the app that controls lighting period.

Off to buy substrate, soil and soil powder at the weekend. Think I may try the dark start method I've been reading about.

Once there is more to see, I'll be posting photos of progress. Intend to do this regularly with disasters an all :)

Cheers

Mark

So the new aquarium finally arrived. Very pleased with it so far. Fits into the AquaOak cabinet and hood recess a treat.

9C501867-7149-4040-980E-799DC9965E6F.jpeg

Used Tropica substrate, soil and powder.

EAEA3274-A6D3-43B1-B235-A617D285B4EB.jpeg

Have positioned rock but going to wait 24 hours before filling with water. Just to be sure I like the layout.

F94BA2EE-25A9-46B7-8E0B-16A440BC7107.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been tempted by these tanks, will be interesting to see how it all goes, my concern was the glass on top and would it impede easy access for maintenance and stuff

Hi Mark,

Excellent choice of tank, I have bought a second hand one myself 😁 To collect the tank I need to know the dimensions of the wooden stand on its own. Aqua Oak don't have that I formation listed anywhere unfortunately. Could I be cheeky and ask you to take a tape measure to your base unit please 😁 Need the w x d x h in cm to see if it will fit in my trailer.

Cheers,

Adam

Nice tank and great start, I will look forward to seeing how this turns out.
Enjoy the process even the bad bits, I wish I spent more time with the rock layout in mine but I’m quite happy with mine for a first attempt at a proper scape. I think it’s a little underwhelming when you finished planting the plants as they are so small and new, unlike YouTube videos I tend to watch, but now they are growing out 3 weeks later the tank is looking great I’m so happy with it. I’m sure yours will look great to.
I can’t wait to see how yours turns out.
Good luck with your project.
Steve.

Back