• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Clay Substrate

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi Dan,
Never used the stuff but seems like it ought to be OK. I surfed around and found this page which gives a little bit of analysis: http://www.aquaclay.com.au/email_july05 ... _email.htm

Seems like it's pretty much inert porous clay with some iron but I'm not sure how to interpret some of the data on that page. They don't talk about CEC values or anything like that. It almost seems as if this started life as a filter media. I reckon it ought to work about as well as most. I can't see that it's enriched like AS but it may also not leach NH4 either. If I were going to use it in a low tech tank I think I'd probably mix it with an additive to be safe.

Oh, and they need to hire a new marketing agency. They have some really lame slogans like "Facilitates the planting of your plants" Really?? :wideyed:

Cheers,

thanks for your thoughts guys. I'll have a play with it, so far I've used it to bulk up some tropica substrate but thats it. I'm not really in a situation to do much testing at the mo so id be interested to see if anyone has actually used it to any significant advantage.
thanks again folks.

Back