• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Apistogramma in London water and with these tank mates?

Jack B

Hi all

My London-based, heavily planted 180L tank has:
  • Stiphodon gobies
  • Kuhli loaches
  • Bamboo and amano shrimp
  • Various tetras/rasboras
  • Areas of high and low flow

Are there any apistogramma species that would suit this setup? I'm looking to introduce an interesting larger fish.

Water is 15DH, 274ppm CaCO3

Attachments

• 20220415_154253.jpg
    20220415_154253.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 131
Hi all,
Are there any apistogramma species that would suit this setup?
The water hardness is a constraint. Apistogramma borellii would be OK (although the water would probably be too hard for them to breed in successfully), but they are quite a small fish.

I like them, but that <"wasn't the universal view"> when I kept them. I may go back down that route at some point.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

The water hardness is a constraint. Apistogramma borellii would be OK (although the water would probably be too hard for them to breed in successfully), but they are quite a small fish.

I like them, but that <"wasn't the universal view"> when I kept them. I may go back down that route at some point.

cheers Darrel
Thanks Darrel - the Opal ones look very pretty, and big enough for my tastes. Will give them a go.

Best to get a pair? Or would they do better with more females? 90cmx45x45 tank, plenty of hiding places, but also plenty of other bottom dwellers. Am eyeing up some Sterba cories as part of the mix, and a whiptail catfish or two

Back