• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone used new Co2art inline diffuser (qanvee)

the tubing from you filter is carrying water and not just gas like the tubing that is run direct from your co2 bottle, it doesn't run at the same pressure or have the same chance to escape as the co2 is caught up and moved on by the water, just remember it flows into a big open top glass container as soon as it exits this pipe so it's not a concern :)

If I understand you correctly then I believe you have in part misunderstood @The Accidental Aquascaper

You only need Co2 resistant tubing between the regulator and inline diffuser.

That is due to high pressure and to protect against acidity. Once the Co2 is diffused by the diffuser into the water on your filters return tubing, neither of these two things are a problem any longer. The standard tubing on your filters return is fine to use.

If you were to buy one of the two mentioned diffusers, would you pay £21.99 for the qanvee or £29.99 for the co2 art online diffuser.

Guys, why are you having the diffuser on the tubing coming out of the filter and not the other one? This way all the bubbles are being visible in the tank. If the diffuser will be on the intake (tank to filter), by the time the bubbles will come out of the filter will be probably completely dissolved. You could say that you have made a reactor out of your canister, without any drop in your water flow... thinking of it I'm starting to like this... guys, tell me what I am missing here?

Guys, why are you having the diffuser on the tubing coming out of the filter and not the other one? This way all the bubbles are being visible in the tank. If the diffuser will be on the intake (tank to filter), by the time the bubbles will come out of the filter will be probably completely dissolved. You could say that you have made a reactor out of your canister, without any drop in your water flow... thinking of it I'm starting to like this... guys, tell me what I am missing here?
It often air locks the filter and is bad for the impeller and seals.

The bubbles are good for getting higher levels of co2 to the plant. Not liking the look is a taste issue not a technique issue.

I ended up ordering the co2art in tank diffuser as it helped me meet the free delivery requirements from Aquarium Gardens. I'll be installing it tomorrow when I rescape the tank. In future, I'll be looking to add an inline heater as well. Does the heater come before or after the diffuser?

The bubbles are good for getting higher levels of co2 to the plant. Not liking the look is a taste issue not a technique issue.

I recently changed from a black background to a light coloured background - the bubbles are much less noticeable with a light coloured background.

Furthermore, if you have a backgound lightscreen which you turn up to max power, the bubbles become almost invisible from 6 feet viewing distance.

I'm using one, it's got great diffusion but I'm running it at a much lower pressure than the packaging advised which is slightly confusing. But hey, it works so just means my FE will last longer :)

It often air locks the filter and is bad for the impeller and seals.

Since the last post, I'm using it on the suction side of the filter. The water coming out is having no bubbles at all. Therefore the filter never air looked, the gaskets are as new and the it runs very smoothly.
Guys, you don't know what you are missing...!

Back