• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone selling Blyxa Japonica?

sanj

Hellooo,

can somone put me in the direction of a mail order company that sells this plant, Tropica suppliers dont seem to have it and neither does Greenline(on their website) or maybe one of you are so successful at growing, its taking over your tanks and you cant get rid of it fast enough ? :p

I can send you some for a donation to UKAPS.
pm me if interested

I would never recommend plants alive or java plants, both carry it but both offer awful services you could even get sent the totally wrong plant like I did, FOUR TIMES!

Dunno which one it was but from the online retailers I got a massive snail infestation. I have never had a snail infestation before!

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Dunno which one it was but from the online retailers I got a massive snail infestation. I have never had a snail infestation before!
Snails are good ;) I have about 3 diferent types in my tank, don't bother me. All came with the plants, I actually like them.

I ordered some from Greenline recently, came last week. They must have only just taken it off their site.
It mentions how delicate the leaves are, yet they packed it between 2 pieces of cardboard in a bag??? :rolleyes:

Plants Alive do sell it, however i placed an order with them 3 weeks ago. The kept having problems with their deliveries, so after waiting 2 weeks i cancelled and ordered from Greenline (which arrived 2 days later).

Oh I was looking at Greenline yesterday but i didnt see it , maybe ill call them.

Was the plant badly damaged that came through in the cardboard packing?

I suppose i have found that Tropica are the best quality palnts, but more expensive(and no Blyxa), Greenline is normally fine although the quality of plants can vary and sometimes you get tiny plants, but i have used them quite alot over the last few years and mostly fine. Never used the others, seem a bit dodgy from what is written here?

Thank you Miller for the offer, i might pm you.

I checked the Greenline site just now and couldn't see any, maybe i got the last few :D
It wasn't brilliant stuff, there was no roots and it ranged in size from 4-8cm. It'll certainly be a while until i have any cuttings to give away!

sanj said:
Oh

Thank you Miller for the offer, i might pm you.

Do i am trimming tonight so can post in the morning if you pm your details. Sorry folks but all spoken for this trim, will have more in 3 or 4 weeks.

Back