• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone recognise this old Eheim inlet strainer?

Wookii

Years ago I used to have the below pictured Eheim inlet strainers that sat in the gravel and provided a nice mostly hidden extract point. This image that I have grabbed is literally the only image I could find after two hours of internet searching.

Does anyone else happen to know exactly what Eheim called them, or the Eheim reference number?

KCS2Cx-QycLF7LLYqGCRWmPTZrCrXducqsHpvCFog&usqp=CAU.jpg

Looks like it might not be manufactured anymore. I might have to cobble something similar together out of stainless steel.

No, they're completely different Gill. The old ones I am on about sat in the substrate, so just the top of the rim was exposed. They were great as you could hide all the pipework so that all was visible was the round disk of the opening. They also had a coarse pre-filter inside - to stop larger items getting in - that could easily be removed for cleaning without removing the entire fitting. The fact that they extracted directly at the substrate level was also good for maximising detritus removal.

You Have Robin Hood Society in your town. Might be worth contacting them and see if anyone has any of these in their fish houses.

Looks like it might not be manufactured anymore. I might have to cobble something similar together out of stainless steel.

Should be easy to do
A base plate
A piece of tube 75mm ?
A small piece connecting into it at the base and some course filter foam to fill it
Quite easy design if you do this sort of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at its Design, Could you not modify a BiOrb Filter plate to this design. As it already has he Uplift Tube, and the filter plate has the twist off function. You should be able to a used one online forums/groups/gumtree/ebay cheaply and easy to Mod. And a Dremmel will make easy work of it.

Yes I remember it
It was very good and saved doing maintenance on the filter

I have a list of all the parts but I can’t upload the photo

Here’s a link the the German site where you can find it

https://www.eheim-service.de/epages/63917443.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63917443/Categories/Aquaristik/Ersatzteile/Ersatzteile_fuer_Zubehoer/Installation/"spare+parts+4004620"

looking at that webpage, it looks like you can still buy all the component parts for it and make up a new one.

Should be easy to do
A base plate
A piece of tube 75mm ?
A small piece connecting into it at the base and some course filter foam to fill it
Quite easy design if you do this sort of work

Yep, that was my thinking too - I run a stainless steel fabrication company so we could know these up pretty easily.

Looking at its Design, Could you not modify a BiOrb Filter plate to this design. As it already has he Uplift Tube, and the filter plate has the twist off function. You should be able to a used one online forums/groups/gumtree/ebay cheaply and easy to Mod. And a Dremmel will make easy work of it.
Ultimately, you would like an internal Box, That draws water in at the substrate level. From the top of the filter plate, and be drawn in thru the sponges,
So these should work with minimal modding

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Efficien...252288?hash=item3657061c80:g:gkoAAOSwyDNdvPtu
View attachment 134271

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-XY-2...221303&hash=item1cd38f02a2:g:nzgAAOSw-T9dCvqc

View attachment 134272

Thanks Gill - good suggestions, but all a little different from what the Eheim unit does. It simple acts as a filter inlet, with a prefilter mesh, nothing more.

To be joe eat I would have to modify it anyway, as Id want to connect the pipe horizontally onto it, allowing me to run a pipe under the substrate, and have an extraction point in the front corner of the tank, but with the exit inlet pipe hidden at the rear of the tank.

Yep, that was my thinking too - I run a stainless steel fabrication company so we could know these up pretty easily.

Oh I just may pm you as I’ve an idea I want to have made in ss

Back