• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have ebay trouble?

ADA

I bought a set of tmc tiles and a bar with a controller from ebay, delivered today and they don't work, out of 25 LEDs total, 5 work lol, if the seller decides not to get back to me I just wanna know if I will get my £350 back through PayPal so thought I'd ask if anyone else had this trouble?

Cheers

Steve

You should get your money back, as long as you didn't send the money via gift.

I would be really angry .

That's unacceptable

Can you link to the eBay advert?

Says items function properly.
Oh dear.
Unless they were packaged poorly and damaged in transit- looks like seller was taking the piss.

They were fully bubble wrapped and in 3 boxes lol
Are you sure its nothing to do with the controller?
Perhaps the seller had them on a funny pattern or something
A stab in the dark, I know.

Well after messing with them for a while I ended up with 14 of 25 working lol funny thing is you can't program certain ones to come on, they either all come on or all go off ramping up or down, might be the controller but I dunno, I'm thinking full refund and buy new lol.

It's a pain and takes time but you have to go through the hoops with ebay so if the seller doesn't contact you or doesn't sort it satisfactorily you can then open a SNAD which is item significantly not as described (if you haven't already done so).
99.9% per cent of the time ebay will side with a buyer in these cases and so long as you paid via paypal for goods and services NOT as a gift then you are protected.
You will have to send the item back to the seller by trackable post and once they have received it ebay will then refund you in full.

I have but the seller has always taken care of it .. Partial refund once and a full refund and I kept the item.

I'm currently waiting for HQI Metal Halide bulbs from china kinda curious how this will pan out :inpain:

Can you reset the controller ?

they got back to me and it's now on its way back then full refund,
Interesting they accepted it back so quickly, no quibble, no "did you reset the controller", no "have you turned on all lights", no help in helping you debug your problem...almost as if they knew there would be an issue ????

It's awfully brave of you to buy lights from EBay worth £350
I would have gone to collect at that price.

However collect in person can work against the seller, as my mate tried to flog his old laptop, Ebay buyer paid in advance, buyer turned up then decided that the 14" screen was too small and wasn't for him, refused to take it away, filed a non delivery against my mate...all got rather nasty, PayPal tried to take a charge back of the money and failed as the linked account had no money in it, Ebay account locked out due to unpaid bill...Eventually my mate refunded the money, but spent ages getting the PayPal and Ebay fees refunded, despite asking the buyer to pay as his change of mind caused the costs.. Buyer is no longer an Ebay member, it appears every transaction he was involved in got negative feed back.

I'm not that brave buying on the internet... Just cheap items and very reliable sellers, like our sponsors or similar ones. Even with cheap things I have found problems. For example, I exchanged some plants cuttings with a guy in my town, and when we met and saw what he was bringing, he had identified wrongly all the plants! No problem if you lose your time or a few euros, but to spend above 100 I prefer to make sure I won't have any problem. Additionally I live in a medium -big town with several good lfs... So if I buy online is just for sales or items that for strange reasons are expensive locally (like co2 items).

Jordi

.. So if I buy online is just for sales or items that for strange reasons are expensive locally (like co2 items).

Jordi

I had ordered an acrylic feeding contraption which I haven't seen in the local LFS and a adjustable spray bar from Hong Kong. It has been a month now and nothing in the letter box till now. The shipping was stated as "free". Ever heard of free lunches?

The least the seller could do is to keep the buyer informed about the shipping process. After I paid via PayPal, I haven't heard a single word from the seller although he or she has 98% satisfaction rating on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back