• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone got (or want to give an opinion on) a Fluval Siena?

Surya

I want to upgrade my existing 125 litre in size to an approx 250-350 tank. I used to have a Fluval Roma 240 and liked the drilled base and 407 filter, and also added the Fluval Plant 3.0 light. So the Siena 332 litre version has the advantage of familiarity and seems to come with decent kit as standard. Also 10mm glass.

I need a lid and don't have endless funds which is ruling out some of the standalone aquascapery type set-ups. I like easy plants in a jungle style, nothing demanding.

The alternative would be a Juwel Rio 240 or 350. I would be keeping the internal filter if so.

Experiences and thoughts welcomed!

Looks really nice doesn't it!
They have really thought about everything. The lid system is simple and quality.
Why do Fluval use ribbed pipes for their filters? For me that just means a crap trap. Maybe i'm wrong.

Si

Thanks Ajm, agree that's the most helpful video / review I've seen of it so far.

Thanks Si, I do like it. I don't mind the ribbed pipes, I had it on my old Fluval 406 and it didn't cause trouble, mind you I never cleaned them either so who knows what was lurking beneath...

Don't know if anyone has thoughts on whether they would prefer this or a Juwel Rio 350...?

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has thoughts on whether they would prefer this or a Juwel Rio 350...?
I have no experience i am afraid , but dont the jewel tanks had the filter in the corner of the tank?
i remember seeing a video about how to cut it all out which is what i think you will possibly end up doing?
maybe they have changed the design now, i dont know. But they used to really popular so who knows?
That Fluval looks the nuts though especially if you can do some haggling?
Si

Thanks for comments all, much appreciated. @hypnogogia the inlet and outlet are extendable so could reach the surface if you wanted them to 😊

I could get the Fluval Siena 332 for £1079 delivered, cheapest price. Tempting. Apparently the tank weight is 45kg despite the 10mm glass, so manageable for me.

I'd be keeping the Rio filter in the Juwel if I got it - it works fine in my current tank. I don't like paying for something I know I won't use, or cutting things out of a brand new tank.

I'll have a look at Waterbox Eden. Eheim Vivaline and Proxima are possibilities too.

Last edited:
I'd be keeping the Rio filter in the Juwel if I got it - it works fine in my current tank. I don't like paying for something I know I won't use, or cutting things out of a brand new tank.
I used the one on my Juwel tank for a couple of years before swapping it out for an external.

You could also consider the Oase range of tanks.

Thanks very much for everyone's input. After a lot of consideration, I decided to put in an order for the Fluval Siena 332 litre tank in the ridiculously named "Chicago Concrete" colour. I'll return with a photo and some feedback when it arrives and is all set up, which will hopefully be of help to anyone considering it in the future.

Thanks very much for everyone's input. After a lot of consideration, I decided to put in an order for the Fluval Siena 332 litre tank in the ridiculously named "Chicago Concrete" colour. I'll return with a photo and some feedback when it arrives and is all set up, which will hopefully be of help to anyone considering it in the future.
Great!
You can compare directly to YT.
Let us know how it goes!

Si

I've seen one of the 332's set up in one of the MA's in Norfolk or Suffolk or probably Braintree Essex while out on a jaunt and was impressed. Having a 90x55x53 I was naturally drawn to it as a future upgrade, I love aquariums with more height and depth having a lot more volume with only a marginally larger footprint.

Back