• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone for ping pong?

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
A couple of shots of me, taken over the last couple of days during an RAF table tennis tournament.

I'm ranked 16th in the RAF. The top 10 are like the guys you see on TV. Awesome to watch.

I'd like to play more but there only so many hours in the day...

servett.jpg

smash.jpg

The second shot is a forehand smash. The shutter speed is 1/640 sec. so you get an idea how fast the ball is moving...

I used to play a lot in my college days. It was a game I really enjoyed, and would love to get back in to, creaky joints permitting.

Nice aggression on the forehand, dude!

Dave.

wow! that is one intense expression. I'd hate to be that ping pong ball :)

I used to play a little bit here and there, a great game that is sadly not played enough IMHO.
I have played squash, tennis, badminton and table tennis (all badly). TT is by far my favourite of them all 8)

More of a squash man myself George but good work. 16th is impressive mate. Played a bit of wiff-waff ( :lol: ) myself some years ago but not since they changed the scoring!

lol. Nice one, Mark!

glenn said:
wow you do so many cool things in the RAF, makes me want to join :lol:
It's worth considering. If you're serious give me a PM and ask any questions. Table tennis is one of the many perks. If you can think of a sport, then the RAF will likely play it and have a huge support network - I've been sub-aqua diving in Belize (world's 2nd largest reef), mountain biking in Snowdonia, playing golf in Arizona and rock climbing in the Falklands.

Nice one George and congrats on the 16th place, any videos of the event? would be nice to see you guys in action.
I have never played ping pong but have played many times squash, badminton, and currently play tennis when I can.

LOL @ Marks edit, great stuff, now you need to do the second one with the ball screaming!!! hehe

He`s got some crap on his shirt, Aaron! You should get it in the wash.

Dave.

George Farmer said:
lol. Nice one, Mark!

glenn said:
wow you do so many cool things in the RAF, makes me want to join :lol:
It's worth considering. If you're serious give me a PM and ask any questions. Table tennis is one of the many perks. If you can think of a sport, then the RAF will likely play it and have a huge support network - I've been sub-aqua diving in Belize (world's 2nd largest reef), mountain biking in Snowdonia, playing golf in Arizona and rock climbing in the Falklands.

Whilst the rest of us are busy working :lol:

And I'd hardly call what you played golf....

Back