• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone dealt with this white fungus before?

ForestDave

Hi.
I have the same issue as the tank in this link.

A grey white fungus which spreads across the substrate and shows up as spots on leaves and the aquarium glass. The tank is only about 6 weeks old and I'm guilty of dropping an algae wafer in the corner for my plec most nights. I do clear up what remnants of wafer I see left over but usually some gets stuck hidden. I've done a water change sucking out as much as I could and am planning to be more accurate with the plec feeding in future. I'm also going to go easy on the fertz as although it's high tech, most of my plants aren't so there may be too many nutrients in the water as I've been standard EI dosing. Would glute help erradicate this or is there anything else I could do to remove it? The filtration is good as I've downsized my tank and I have a Oase Thermo 600 on a 40L tank. Overall the tank is pretty clean and has 10 tetras in it and some shimp/ ottos and the bristlenosed plec. I'm planning on building a larger tank when we move house.
Cheers

White grey fungus is pretty normal in a new setup esp on wood hardscape, Amano shrimp sort it out in no time ( not sure if RCS do as well be might). Otherwise remove what you can manually and siphon out what you can. the tank should settle on its own after removing the bulk. Amanos are a big help, they sorted out mine with any intervention

White grey fungus is pretty normal in a new setup esp on wood hardscape, Amano shrimp sort it out in no time ( not sure if RCS do as well be might). Otherwise remove what you can manually and siphon out what you can. the tank should settle on its own after removing the bulk. Amanos are a big help, they sorted out mine with any intervention
Cheers Zeus! As always a fount of knowledge. I hope your house move went well.

I hope your house move went well.
Move went well thanks, still lots to do, although we knew that when we got the property. Just had our first flood as well, which being next to the river is expected.

Back