• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone a member of OATA?

I am :)

saying that can everybody look at their website and support the hands of your hobby campain by sending a letter to your local MP, remember if we don't do anything there's no aquarium hobby in the next couple of years.

M.

I am :)

saying that can everybody look at their website and support the hands of your hobby campain by sending a letter to your local MP, remember if we don't do anything there's no aquarium hobby in the next couple of years.

M.

That's simply not true. Its a lobbying group asking for a pledge. A politicians pledge is worth nothing in an election year, which is coming up. It would need to be tabled by an EU parliment member and then voted on. Right now? Its a website, and a leaflet. Of course politicians are going to say "Yes, I shall support this" when its coming up to re-election. But its not a law. It won't be proposed as a law. It is not anything other than a website and a leaflet.

The OATA is just making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'd like to see them actually go and tackle real problems like dyed fish, not this rubbish.

Btw - go and read the proposed pledge - aside from from a fish keeping perspective, its actually pretty sensible. And also - if this ever made it to be a law, of course they would work something out about fish keeping. They are not likely to want to kill off a whole industry that provides them with so much tax, etc.

well it's seems you know what you're talking about. Will tell OATA to stop wasting our Money because you are telling we don't need to worry

Back