• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody got one of these

Andy Thurston

I've just repotted this and was wondering if anyone else has one?
0A3F142A-C965-49C2-AD4B-FCAF0CADEA67_zps8zp7yed9.jpg

I don't yet, but you've just reminded me I've got some seeds in a drawer somewhere so give it a week or so... :)

I started mine a bit later last year and it only grew to about 3 feet tall. Does anyone know how to make them grow really tall? Well at least 6 foot
This year my youngest daughter, 18months, brought it home from nursery so i've been watering it with water from my ei dosed high tech

Some of it's down to the variety - 'Russian Giant' is one of the big ones (10' +) but others only grow 3-6' naturally. Sorry to be the barer of bad news but that doesn't look like it's going to be a whopper - it's really skinny - they should be stocky enough to support themselves at that height. Not to late to start more now though. They do best in the ground, with manure dug in first. I've heard planting them on the north side of a wall/fence helps height wise as they grow up looking for the light. Not too shady though or they end up weedy.

I've got some too this year, in the ground for the first time. I started one off inside early and planted out to see if it does better or not, and have another 5-6 seeds that have sprouted from the ground.

I haven't grown sunflowers since I was about 10. They grew to be 14ft and had to be tied to the house. My dad did his best to keep them straight, but they eventually came down.

Upset isn't the word, I think I must of cried for about a week lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About time time you went back to your childhood;) And grow some more :D Thinking about it we could all start one:rolleyes: And have a comp to see who can grow the tallest one :lol: Anyone up for it :thumbup:

Back