• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any recommendations for an external filter in a 108 ltr tank please

Deeny

Seedling
Hello all,
I am looking for an external filter for a 108 ltr tank please - 60×45×45.
I have been looking at the oase biomaster thermo 250 and 350s. Any advise on these options or better still other products will be much appreciated.
Thanks

I'm an Eheim fan but have noticed that George Farmer has been using some of the Oase filters on the Aquascaper tanks (check his YouTube channel videos)

Also read through this thread - hopefully this filter is just an anomaly as measured flowrate seems to be very low even when obvious "restrictors" were omitted

Filter flow rate

I've not measured flowrates in ages, but did find the Eheim Pro series was pretty close to marketing claims, they also resist back pressure fairly well; in contrast the Classic series (much cheaper obviously) needs to be kept "clean" for good flowrates

I have a JBL 1502e on a 100-120 litre hillstream set up. It has plenty of flow for a planted tank and it does the job blowing all the bottom debris back to the filter outlet even though the bottom is covered in stones and there's also wood and plants on the of the opposite site that would restrict the flow some. I also have a pre-filter sponge on the intake. I've set up the spraybar on the short side blowing towards the length of the tank. The JBL filters have good reputation also. The filter is rated 1400l/h which is a bit more than what you're looking for. I have the 1901e version on my pond and because the flow coming out is so strong, I diffuse it against the wall of the tank as I've got other filters in there giving enough. So if you're looking for good flow, JBL will give you that but there's no thermo version.

Hi i have a jbl 1902 overkill flow but i am so impressed buy its power and its so quiet just a slight hum .....its been running a few weeks now and i have not seen a drop in flow at all....also there seems to be plenty of spares on the market (hopefully i will not need for some time)
Another bonus once registered online with your receipt there is a 4 year (limited) warranty......
Hope this helps
Chris

My recommendation is either Fluval 206 or Eheim professional 250 or 350.
I run both Fluval and Eheim filters on all my tanks and cant fault any of them.

I've recently discovered the Marina range of canisters. Made by the same company that make Fluval (Rolf C Hagen), but much cheaper if you buy from the right place.

I managed to get the CF-80 for £49.00 - list price is around £130.00 from memory! Flow rate of 1325lph, only uses 13w power and is far quieter than my JBL e1501.

The only let down with the Marina is that the media it's supplied with is very basic - Coarse foam, a fine pad, bio balls, carbon and zeolite.

Back