• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any need for a bubble counter?

I have an Aquario Neo diffuser and was wondering if the bubbles coming from the pipe at the bottom of the diffuser would work fine as a bubble counter (maybe it would have uneven flow?)

I don't see a need for unnecessary clutter so I'd love to not have to buy an inline one.

Screen_Shot_2018_08_24_at_20_14_34.png

Cheers

Hello ! Im using a JBL bubbles counter and a neo diffuser (S), got 1 bubble per second reading JBL counter where I have, in the same time, around 1 bubble per 12-15 secondes on the diffuser (checked by drop checker set on 30ppm CO2 and PH profile). Completely different rating, imo but I may be wrong or missunderstanding what is this thread about. ^^

Hello ! Im using a JBL bubbles counter and a neo diffuser (S), got 1 bubble per second reading JBL counter where I have, in the same time, around 1 bubble per 12-15 secondes on the diffuser (checked by drop checker set on 30ppm CO2 and PH profile). Completely different rating, imo but I may be wrong or missunderstanding what is this thread about. ^^

Generally bubble counters are not used to measure quantity of CO2, rather they are used as a reference point for the specific tank. All bubble counters differ in bubble size so pH is a much better measurement.

In your case, your diffuser doubles as a bubble counter so you don't need a dedicated one at your regulator. But bear in mind that the bubble size in your diffuser is different so it is not a one to one comparison with the dedicated counter. Ultimately, your injection rate is determined by your pH drop, not by the count, which is used only as a reference for adjustment.

Back