• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any info on powerheads

toadass

Hi guys just up sizing tanks from a 60p to a 240 litre. I have a jbl cristalprofi e1500. So was looking to add a koralia powerhead to up the flow. For the x10 rule is just a simple as buying a koralia with whatever lph I need? I will be putting the co2 diffuser under the powerhead to distribute the co2. Was looking at the koralia 1600 to be safe the other was a 900lph seems to be a big lph gap. Is there any others on the market? Or any particular model I should head towards? Thanks Matt

Use the nano the others are to powerful unless you like the tornado look ..LOL

Hi guys just up sizing tanks from a 60p to a 240 litre. I have a jbl cristalprofi e1500. So was looking to add a koralia powerhead to up the flow. For the x10 rule is just a simple as buying a koralia with whatever lph I need? I will be putting the co2 diffuser under the powerhead to distribute the co2. Was looking at the koralia 1600 to be safe the other was a 900lph seems to be a big lph gap. Is there any others on the market? Or any particular model I should head towards? Thanks Matt

Hi mate.
The newave 1600 is adjustable from 1600 to 800 lph. Only 22 pound too :)

That way if full throttle is too much you can slide the cover to lower flow.
I have a brand new spare if you want it

Spot on, thanks Alistair. Just the sort of thing I was After. Have you had any experience with these?

Spot on, thanks Alistair. Just the sort of thing I was After. Have you had any experience with these?
Yes mate. Running one daily when lights are on. Super silent and flow is fantastic. Its being used on a 1300 litre so that says somethimg.

Thanks bud... I shall give it a whirl. It be the same as that I'm on using it on a timer to distribute my co2 with diffuser below it

I have one of these in my 120l tank to improve co2 distribution. I am happy with it too. Very quiet and no issues.

Thanks mate. Going to sort an order this weekend. Can't grumble at the price they are

Back