• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any good book recommendations ?

tubamanandy

Can anyone recommend any good book (technical ideally) books re planted aquaria ?

Is there a `bible` out there that can be trusted with uptodate, good information ?

you can print what u want from this forum its really better than any book and its Free :)

Ive just bought Ecology of the Planted Aquarium by Diana Walsted apparently its a must read

What you guys got against a good book ? :)
They go out of date. You cannot ask them questions. Very often they have not been peer-reviewed so could be complete rubbish. Just because a publisher has agreed to print something, doesn't make it right. At least if someone says something stupid on here there will be someone else to tell them so.

I think low tech info is more reliable in book form & plant ID would be accurate but C02 injected tank info is likely to be out of date before it is printed.
Perhaps look out for magazines like PFK but of course the best planted tank articles are written by forum members anyway :)
I actually like the American mags because they have great adds promoting outrageous lighting units, PH controllers & amazing reactors that need 100w pumps to run.. Not much use to us but, great fun to read about......

I've found Takashi Amano's Natural Aquarium Complete Works 1985-2009 to be an almost endless source of inspiration and there is quite a bit of technical detail hidden in the text as well - Nature Aquarium: Complete Works 1985-2009: Amazon.co.uk: Takashi Amano, Masatoshi Abe, Tsuyoshi Oiwa, Eriko Sekine, Yuka Hachinohe, Yoshinori Watabe: Books . Oliver Knott's Aquascaping: Aquarienlandschaften gestalten is another inspiration, but it's printed in German - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquascaping-Aquarienlandschaften-gestalten-Oliver-Knott/dp/3833824115/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381357264&sr=8-1&keywords=oliver knott. This journal is also very very cool, stylish & informative - Liquid | Nature Aquarium Magazine

Second Takashi Amanos complete works.
Was reading mine last night when this thread popped up :lol:

Back