• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

any chance of these surviving ??

tim

hi, i've had a nice little colony of snowball shrimp going strong for a few months now and noticed a couple of days ago a berried shrimp has dropped some eggs (apologies for poor pic)
8426523179_c5e08e146b.jpg

I'll be doing some more reasearch into possible reasons for this, please anyone on here feel free to chime in with their thoughts/experiences though.
Question is, will it be worth leaving the eggs see if they survive or should i just remove them ?
any advice greatfully recieved :)

Always worth a go :) My wife once hatched eggs that she carefully removed from a dead female shrimp. You'd need to isolate the eggs from tank otherwise the shrimp will eat them. We floated the eggs in a small plastic pot in the same tank to keep temp stable etc. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Good luck very hard to succeed with that, depends if they are fertile too.
Just purchased 10 of these at the weekend, two came berried already so hope to have some babies soon :)

Reactions: tim
These shrimp and sakuras are my favourite shrimp. I'm not a huge fan of CRS.

Hope it all goes well and you have some new shrimps soon :)

Londondragon- where did you get them from? PeiceOfFish?

These shrimp and sakuras are my favourite shrimp. I'm not a huge fan of CRS.

Hope it all goes well and you have some new shrimps soon :)

Cheers mate I have a few babies in there already took the last three of these from my lfs and two were already berried !

Niiiiiiice !

How much should you expect to pay. Are there grades? Any particular care other than water changes, mature tank and plenty of plants?

Agree from my understanding you should only keep them with caradina species to avoid crossbreeding then the water parameters become a bit more constricting due to the more limited levels needed to keep caradina especialy TDS.Cheers mark

Last time I was there he didn't have any, got them from Living Waters in an unexpected visit last weekend.

Sharnbrook Shrimp has some good uns I believe? Not had any myself yet, but worth a nose.....

so, waterchange yesterday so had a little look in the filter bag and no eggs, couldn't see any shrimplets either but turned bag inside out and shook moss back into the tank just to be sure, question is this, having a little look at the tank last night and there was tiny little white specs moving around on the back glass hardly visable so any know just how small is a baby shrimp ?

Interesting newly hatched babies of your neocaradinia are very transparent so i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you,let us know if you are able to see any,good luck.Cheers mark

Reactions: tim
so, waterchange yesterday so had a little look in the filter bag and no eggs, couldn't see any shrimplets either but turned bag inside out and shook moss back into the tank just to be sure, question is this, having a little look at the tank last night and there was tiny little white specs moving around on the back glass hardly visable so any know just how small is a baby shrimp ?

They will be tiny.If the eggs failed you be able to see them I'm sure. Did you have any other berried females in the tank? If not, then sounds like you were successful! Baby shrimp almost always head for brown algae on the glass, so I'd say quite likely they hatched. Sweet!!

Back